TNT Banana yummy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
This is a favorite of all the kids. It's so tasty it makes your tongue water for more.
Take 8-10 slices of bacon cut in half, blanche in boiling water for 10 min. Drain and dry well. Cut bananas into 1-1/2 in chunks and then wrap in the bacon, securing closed with a toothpick. Combine 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 Tab. curry powder. sprinkle on wrapped bananas. Bake on rack for about 10 min at 350 or til bacon is crisp and sugar caramelized.
enjoy if you can get any.
kades:LOL:

Not all that keen on curry powder anything I can sub for it?

Chili Powder could (possibly) be an interesting sub for the curry powder I would guess.

Sounds delicious CJ, but then again i do not think you have ever posted something that did not sound amazing.

All I could think of was Elvis sitting on a couch with a sheet pan of these and a jar of peanut butter! :ROFLMAO:

Oh! Since the curry and brown sugar are there, this is similar to a Thai flavor profile of curry and brown palm sugar. I bet this would be good with a Thai peanut sauce! It could be called "Elvis in Bangkok"!

All I could think of was Elvis sitting on a couch with a sheet pan of these and a jar of peanut butter! :ROFLMAO:

Oh! Since the curry and brown sugar are there, this is similar to a Thai flavor profile of curry and brown palm sugar. I bet this would be good with a Thai peanut sauce! It could be called "Elvis in Bangkok"!
:LOL::)Good idea.
kades

Chili Powder could (possibly) be an interesting sub for the curry powder I would guess.

Sounds delicious CJ, but then again i do not think you have ever posted something that did not sound amazing.
Thanks GB. you are so nice. Chili poder sounds like it will work. I'll give it a try.
cj

Sounds interesting. How long would they keep for. In other words, if you wanted to make them one day, but not have them until the next day.

Sounds interesting. How long would they keep for. In other words, if you wanted to make them one day, but not have them until the next day.
I'd wait on them babanas ted to brown and taste odd You can it but well kind of gluey and sticky.
kadesma

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom