$740 of stuff.. $65 paid out of pocket.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nova5

Assistant Cook
Got a bit of stuff at BedBath'n'Beyond.

Calphalon Tri-ply 18/10 13peice Stainless steel set. 399 (20% off coupon)
Calphalon Contemporary 12" Nonstick Wok. $99(Free with purchase of above set)
Free $50 Giftcard with above set.

OXO Mandoline 69.00 (20% off coupon)
Gorham 64pc 18/0 stainless steel flatware w/wooden drawer box. 129.99 (20% off coupon)
4 set of small 10oz Glasses. 9.99
Krups Coffee/Spice grinder 19.99

All this for a total of 65 of my dollars spent. Discover card rocks. converted points into BB&B certs.

300 there, 130 from family for christmas. 430.. All the 20%'s and the extra 150 from Calphalon made it one heck of a deal. Moving into your first place can be a expensive process.

Last edited:
Congrats on the shopping spree. We have a dept store here that has cookware sales that are fun. I love getting something really nice like you bought and find that I can actually afford it.

Like you said getting started in your own place is expensive. All those things we take for granted really cost a lot of money. I wanted a fruit/desert bowl which looks pretty as a center piece that my aunt has. With $30 in hand, I went to the store and online and found that it cost more like $90 + shipping. What is my next gift getting occasion? :ROFLMAO: (just to let you know that my aunt is not anywhere near old age...I want it a little sooner than The Living Will and even then someone will probably oust me out of it. I just hate eBay!
:LOL:

at least there is the chance of running across deals the calphalon one i caught. the Discover stuff just made it far better.. There is almost such a thing as free money.

Very nice and I admire the utilization of the coupons and CC points. Our local BB&B takes those 20% coupons no matter if they are expired or not... I just save em all up and go shopping when I am in need of kitchen stuff! Again, CONGRATS... sounds like you really made out well!

My mother gave me her 20% offs to use, so i use the oldest 3. Their current policy is the mailed ones will be accepted no matter the expiration date. The news paper clipped ones will not be accepted when expired. I didnt see the sense in using them against the 10 and 20 dollar items. I might have better use for the remainders later, as may she.

New to "DiscussCooking"

Really need new cookware and just haven't been able to trust the manufacturer's. Have read through this thread and don't feel so dazed and confused about it all. Don't have a lot of $$ to spend but want good quality cookware. Thank you all, I didn't even have to ask.

Dragonflystars

dragonflystars,
Check the "Tramontina 3-Ply cookware" thread... apparently, they produce some nice cookware for Cotsco, similar to All-Clad at a fraction of the cost. I have not seen it (never been to Cotsco) or used it, but several postings indicate is good stuff at a reasonable price.

Looking for cookware

Thank you for the information. I'll check it out. I made a big mistake and donated all my old pans, they were very good quality, and used my son's. I didn't know the Revere Ware of the 90's is not Revere Ware of the early 70's. The quality is not good. I also had some very good enamalware that was old, donated it too along with my husband's grandmother's iron skillets. Oh well.

Dragaonflystars

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom