Crockpot/Slowcooker Advice Needed!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have only used the crock pot in one other outlet and it did happen there as well. So I really can't say whether it is the pot or the outlet. I do use those two outlets for other things and I don't have a problem (except for the grinder and blender that flipped out... coincidence?). Unfortunately I have a dinky little kitchen and only one other outlet, but I'm trying to avoid using it because it would put it in reach of my toddler. Basically, I know the one outlet has a problem, I'm not sure about the second one, the third is fine, but in a dangerous place. I'm stumped. :huh:

I would spend some money and have an electrician come out and test the circuits and outlets. If anything is wrong he would find it and then you would have evidence to give to the landlord (or authorities) to have it corrected. Otherwise he may also offer better solutions for you. Would be nice if a relative was one and get the service for free.

My grandfather is an electrician, but he doesn't live around here. We moved here a little over a year ago and don't have a lot of family nearby. I think I'll make some calls and see if I can find a friend of a friend or something. Or maybe my grandfather knows someone in the area.

Thank you all for the advice and help! I didn't mean to threadjack!

The bottom line is that this is not your problem, you don't own the place (if I am understanding correctly here). So, I would consider getting in contact with the appropriate governing agency here and lodging a complaint.
Or sabotage the electrical so they have no choice but to replace all the outlets, LOL.
I would try it somewhere else just to see if it is the outlet or the appliance, but don't rule out that it could be both....

Back
Top Bottom