How Many Small Kitchen Appliances Do You Own?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How Many Small Kitchen Appliances Do You Own?

• 1-3

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • 3-5

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • 5-7

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • 10+

Votes: 22 73.3%

• Total voters
Finally made a list of mine - 10+

Coffeemaker
Espresso machine
KitchenAid stand mixer
Hand mixer
Immersion blender with chopping and whipping attachments
Toaster oven
Bread machine
Instant Pot multicooker
Osterizer blender (I think this was a wedding gift)
KitchenAid food processor
Spice grinder
Coffee grinder
Dehydrator
Crock Pot

I didn't count the microwave because it's like casey's - built-in above the stove and cost about as much as the dishwasher. I do use it quite a bit, for more than just reheating. I make rice, potatoes, corn on the cob, etc. steam vegetables, and I defrost with it regularly. The new ones have electronic sensors that do a much better job of defrosting without hot spots than the old ones did.

I store them all over the place. Three live on the counters, several are in kitchen cabinets and the rest are on shelves in the sunroom. Our sunroom is a mudroom/workroom rather than a living area. Extra fridge and freezer are out there, too.

Last edited:
The espresso machine was a Christmas gift for DH and my mom gave me the dehydrator. I really need to get into using it more. I forget I have it most of the time.

I think we need a 20+ category for the poll.

I would have to take inventory to see if I fit in this category. I think I'm pretty close.

Kitchen toys you regret buying...

They all get used, although some rather infrequently. Others get more use than anticipated when purchased.

I have no regrets. My kitchen toys cost a fraction of the cost of eating out, and we eat much more healthily at home than we would eating out.

Countertop microwave
Toaster oven
Coffee maker
Keurig
KA stand mixer
Griddler
Mini food processor
11 cup food processor
Blender
Immersion blender
Hand Mixer
Belgian waffle iron
Ice cream maker
Pizzelle maker
Crock pot
Oxo digital scale
Electric water kettle
Pasta machine

Depending on what you classify as an appliance:

2 Digital instant read thermometers
2 Digital probe type thermometers
2 Digital timers

Lordy, we are in the too many category too.

Microwave
toaster oven
KitchenAid stand mixer with attachments of ice cream maker, slicer/shredder, pasta dies, meat grinder, vege sheeter, spiralizer
Blender/small food processor combo
Food processor
Stick blender wth chopping and whipping attachments
Hand mixer
Mini chopper
Kitchen torch
Waffle maker
Citrus juicer
Electric knife sharpener, as well as a manual one
2 induction burners
spice grinder
Stovetop pressure cooker if that counts
2 digital scales, 1 big, 1 small
Stand alone meat grinder
Stand alone crank sausage stuffer
Deep fryer
Vacuum sealer
Rice cooker
Electric meat slicer

Last edited:
I don't know how anyone else defined it, but to me, in this context, an appliance is a tool that runs on electricity and plugs into the wall.

No power source only takes away 3, the crank sausage stuffer and the pressure cooker, as well as the manual knife sharpener. Everything else is either electric,battery or gas powered. If it's powered by something, it's an appliance to me.

Last edited:
No power source only takes away 3, the crank sausage stuffer and the pressure cooker, as well as the manual knife sharpener. Everything else is either electric,battery or gas powered. If it's powered by something, it's an appliance to me.

I'd agree, although I don't count battery-powered tools like thermometers and scales. To me, small kitchen appliances are labor-saving devices rather than measuring tools.

Last edited:
Lordy, the more you guys post, the more I realize I forgot some things. :wacko: They aren't used often, but I'm glad I have them when they are put to work:
Belgium waffle maker
immersion blender
electric knife (that is Himself's - used only at holidays)

...I have no regrets. My kitchen toys cost a fraction of the cost of eating out, and we eat much more healthily at home than we would eating out.
Same here. No regrets, but I have given a couple appliances "second thoughts".

The only appliance I brought from Cali is my knife sharpener.. I bought an IP this last week so, I can only count 2 kitchen appliances..

I can say this... I doubt I'll ever collect a quarter of what I previously "needed"...

Ross

I don't agree that an appliance has to be electric powered to qualify as an appliance. A small appliance has to make work easier and be portable.

I didn't count the instant read thermometer, but I do count the scales as they are necessary for molecular gastronomy and also for the salts for mineral water I make up for the Soda Stream, which is gas powered,, so I suppose that should be counted as an appliance also.

I was actually writing about the torch originally, but that is really liquid gas rather than actual gas like the Soda Stream

Some people actually use sawzalls (sp?) for large BBQ cuts.

One of our scales, the big one, is battery or electric. The other is battery.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom