Looking for old utensil holder called the Kitchen Carousel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maszpak

Assistant Cook
I am trying to track down an old rotating utensil holder called "Kitchen Carousel" made by Garden Way back in the 80s. Anyone seen one, have one they would like to sell?

NO. I actually bought and returned that. The Kitchen Carousel is larger with slots for knives on the top and each tier. Thanks, though.

just make sure it has the "carousel" bit on it, unlike the other post about ebay ;)

Hi. I have one, in almond....

I bought it at the PX in Alabama, in 1983. I keep it clean, but it's sort of yellowish by now. I gave my mother-in-law one, in white, but she no longer has it. I wish I had the white one now. We are moving and the almond color won't look good in my nice, new kitchen.

Not sure I want to sell it, though. If I don't need it in my new kitchen, I might part with it, though I will have to get a butcher block for my good knives. :chef:

Hee hee! I had an almond one as well. Got it in about 1984/5. It has long ago departed!

How did it *depart*?

Thrown out, given away, fell apart--what? Just curious.

I am keeping mine, for now. I may be able to keep it in the pantry, which is next to the counter, hidden behind doors that look like the rest of the doors in the kitchen cabinets. Or, under one of the counters, though the shelf in them, if it's not recessed, may prevent me from putting it there. But we will see. It's such a handy instrument, I kind of hate to give it up. :neutral:

Hi--No, that's not it....

As maszpak said, it's much bigger, and has slots for knives on the edges of all three tiers.

Colonial Garden Kitchens catalog used to sell one similar to the kitchen carousel, but a little smaller. But alas, that catalog no longer exists. Just like the Kitchen Carousel. :mad:

Thanks anyway, Michael. You're a peach! :chef:

Does red go with your new kitchen? I can't post a link yet, but it's Item #270184931536 on eBay. The auction title is: Kitchen Carousel Organizer Caddy Storage Swivel Plastic. Ends 11/14. It looks just like the one my grandmother used to have, except the colour. Hers was almond. Personally, I like the red a lot better.

Back
Top Bottom