"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories

Old 04-04-2005, 12:35 AM   #21
Senior Cook

PC Deep Dish Baker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptr_hml
I couldn't live without my deep dish baker
I believe that is the one I have - recently bought at a garage sale, my first ever PC piece too...

Can you tell me what you like to prepare in it?

and how do you prepare it for use? does it have to be seasoned?

Thanks

Jocelyne

Old 04-04-2005, 02:14 AM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Talking

I have both a veggie peeler and
a pizza cutter. I love them both.
I can't remember what I paid for them
but, it must not have been tooooo much.
I'm the cheapest person I know.

Oh.. I just remembered.. I have a pie
plate too. I hardly ever use it though
since .. I can't bake!!!

Old 04-04-2005, 04:48 AM   #23
Cook

Send a message via ICQ to chiffonade Send a message via AIM to chiffonade Send a message via Yahoo to chiffonade
The Clay Stuff is Great...

I cook from scratch so the last thing I'd probably have use for is a Pampered Chef cookbook. Those recipes must be right out of Semi-Homemade, the nightmarish TVFN show featuring a self-professed "non-cook" Sandra Lee.

The clay-ware, however, is unbelievable. I have a large oval baker and a pizza stone. My original pizza stone (which I'm proud to say has NEVER been touched by pillsbury tube dough) cracked after many years of use. I did get a replacement on which I'll have to make plenty of pizza and bread to get that great, dark color.

A friend of mine has the garlic press and she says she's never used one of equal effectiveness. Sometimes flimsy garlic presses can bend as you squeeze them but this one has great leverage and is very stable.

I hosted a PC party many years ago and the PC rep was tickled to learn I made my own pizza dough for the occasion .
Old 04-04-2005, 04:52 AM   #24
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to thier1754
I agree that Pampered Chef seems to be overpriced. We've carried similar things for years, both when we had a store downtown and now online, and their markup is pretty hefty. I've never been invited to one of their parties. Since someone mentioned it, tho, I do have a ton of Longaberger! --much of which I'm thinking of selling at a big discount. Probably about 50 baskets still in their boxes/wrappers. I haven't gotten around to cataloging all of it and putting it on eBay or somewhere, but if someone's looking for a particular piece, I can check to see if I have it...

While we're on the subject of carrying stuff, we're thinking of bringing in a line called "Doughmakers", which is aluminum bakeware with a pebbled finish. It's supposed to be extremely popular. Anyone use it / like it?
Old 04-04-2005, 03:24 PM   #25
Head Chef

I have a few PC products and probably wouldn't get any more, just because I think I can find better quality stuff for cheaper if I shop discount store or second hand.

I have this little gun thing that you can use for piping frosting or deviled eggs. One of the main pieces broke after 2 uses! I could have called the rep to get a replacement piece but found it was never convienient to do so. I also bought a container thing to store my spatulas, wooden spoons, etc. Ended up not liking it, now it's w/ the Goodwill.

I've heard that the clay products are great, I've never them though and can't afford them.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:02 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by htc
I have a few PC products and probably wouldn't get any more, just because I think I can find better quality stuff for cheaper if I shop discount store or second hand.

I have this little gun thing that you can use for piping frosting or deviled eggs. One of the main pieces broke after 2 uses! I could have called the rep to get a replacement piece but found it was never convienient to do so. I also bought a container thing to store my spatulas, wooden spoons, etc. Ended up not liking it, now it's w/ the Goodwill.

I've heard that the clay products are great, I've never them though and can't afford them.
Is the utensil container one of those that revolves?

If so, I use something similar in my Kitchen.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:36 PM   #27
Head Chef

Choc, I think so, it also has little compartments. I thought the compartments would be nice, but when I got it home, it ended up not being able to store as much as I thought it would. Now I have a plain metal canister looking storage thing for my spatulas, etc. I think this one can hold more.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:13 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by htc
Choc, I think so, it also has little compartments. I thought the compartments would be nice, but when I got it home, it ended up not being able to store as much as I thought it would. Now I have a plain metal canister looking storage thing for my spatulas, etc. I think this one can hold more.
My utensil holders are much larger than the pampered chef ones, but they work on the same principal.

I do have a smaller one, that I use on my desk for pencils, pens, scissors, etc.

I have another one, I will place in the crafts room for scissors, seam rippers, etc.

You might use your small holder for the same things. Just an idea.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:47 PM   #29
Sous Chef

I have some of the flat stones and I like them. When I bought them they weren't available as widely as they are now. I have some other stonewear which I don't use. I love the pizza cutter. It's great for cutting dough when making noodles. I also love the gadget that pops the vacuum on jars so they are easier to open. It also can be used to open things like soda bottles. It enables my 79 year old mother with a bad case of arthritis to open those things herself.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:51 PM   #30
Assistant Cook

Send a message via AIM to ZoVe
MUDBUG!!!!!! i love the wet/dry measuring cup. I use it daily. My mom got it for me. Personaly i think they are too expensive. I'm a cheapo. But, I do love that measuring cup. I have tried some of there spices that are really good too.