What's next on your wishlist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Harborwitch said:
What I'd really like is a house with a real kitchen where I can have all my toys again. I just don't have room for anymore toys on the boat, and what's worse is there's no room to use them! :(:)

My apartment kitchen is dismally small with very little room to store anything. Counter space is at a premium. So I'm with you on this one; a bigger kitchen! Then maybe I could get a KA stand mixer.

Fraidy

FraidKnot said:
My apartment kitchen is dismally small with very little room to store anything. Counter space is at a premium. So I'm with you on this one; a bigger kitchen! Then maybe I could get a KA stand mixer.

Fraidy

I've had apartment kitchens big and small, and still kept my K'Aid K45SS Stand Mixer. It was not leaving me at all!! I've kept it through thick and thin.

I got a nice size eat-in kitchen, but no counter space.

But I got a large wooden table in the corner across from the fridge and I use the tops of the portable dishwasher and the deep freezer for more workspace.

I own TWO K'Aid Stand Mixers now, but they are kept on a rack in the back room when not in use. The large heavy K'Aid Pearl Metallic Food Processor and the Electrolux Assistant Stand Mixer sit on the dishwasher as far back as possible without falling off, leaving me enough room for use of the cutting board. Those two machines weigh a ton!!

Two racks on the right just before the back room entrance, has an assortment of bowl sets, a large microwave, all spices, ice machine, rotisserie and the glass lids are kept on the bottom shelves.

Just before that, there's a rack on the left that stores and hangs all the Emerilware SS pots & pans, dishes and large baking / roasting pans.:chef:

Last edited:
Oops sorry for starting a similar thread :)

Aside from the stuff I already posted in the other one. I would LOVE a double deck convection oven, please, ty.
DSCN2526.jpg

LeisuresKitchen said:
Oops sorry for starting a similar thread :)

Aside from the stuff I already posted in the other one. I would LOVE a double deck convection oven, please, ty.
DSCN2526.jpg

I'd LOVE to have that as well!!:chef:

Only two things are stopping me; No room and two expensive!!!:ohmy:

I'd like to have a kitchenaid, a nice one. With the pasta attachment. I currently have only my right hand mixer; my right hand equipped with spatula, spoon, or whisk.

And as long as I'm wishing for things I won't get this holiday, I'd like to be done with school and have the ability to build or purchase a home, just a small one, and make my dream kitchen. A gas stove, would be such a blessing. 8 burners at 15,000 BTU, double ovens, new fridge and freezer, and some deep SS sinks.

As for things I'd like that I could possibly recieve, I think it would be a nice cutting board. I don't really have a heavy duty one... all my plastic ones are warped. I'd like to get one of those thick rounds of a tree trunk that they turn into boards. That'd be about perfect for me.

I got the pasta dies for the KA mixer. Whoopee. The cavatelli/gnocchi maker should be here today! Giggle. We found a rolling "island" for the galley. It really makes a difference, there's a drawer, a two shelf cupboard and 2 open shelves (one with a basket). It can roll into the middle of the boat while I'm working (and DH can use one of the open shelves as a "coffee table" for the remote and his drink:rolleyes:). At night we just roll it up against the counter and pull the futon out and go nighty. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I thought this might be the year I could ask for one of those beautiful hand-painted Polish pottery bowls, but I guess not.
After 20 years of use, our kitchen stools are worn out. They're solid wood with backs and swivel seats (bought'em at Walmart for $79 each), and I must say they have been great...but they have really been put to hard use. This is where we sit to work, eat, and party.
So...my husband ordered new ones, and they are in, and will be delivered tomorrow. I will be so glad! I've been afraid I'd sit down and my stool would collapse with me.

Speaking of which...DH also put a new toilet seat on yesterday. Now I don't have to worry about sliding into the tub, either.

Well I just my taxes and I am getting back a hair under 12k this year so I will be paying off some bills and giving my kitchen a face lift.

We live in a condo and have a fairly small kitchen so I plan on dressing it up more so for resale and making it more organized. Right now I am planning on replacing the coutner tops, sink, faucet, and flooring. I am DIY'er so I am trying to knock it out for around 1k, which I dont think will be too hard. My father-in-law is a store manager at Lowes so I can get almost everything with an employee discount which will help.

pevaang, if you're getting 12K back in taxes, you need to adjust your w2.

think about it. a 12k return is a grand a month, or roughly $230 bucks more every week in your paycheck.

you're right. I knew this years return was going to big after last years. Last year I owed a total 27k, my state taxes I paid (4750) are deductable this year.

In 06 I got married and had a kid, so that helped, its bumped down from the 28% tax to 15% which saved me a lot. I will be altering my W-4s from claiming 2 to probably 4 this year, i dont want to change it too much because I would have the huge state tax deduction like i did for 06.

One or two more accessories for the K'Aid Stand Mixers.

Maybe the Pasta Maker, Sassage Stuffer and Fruit / Veggie Strainer.

What I would like?

That would be... harsher punishment for parole violators, Stan... And world peace! :LOL:
Miss Congeniality

HB is considering a stove top Cameron Smoker. :)

Back
Top Bottom