"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances
Old 05-28-2008, 04:42 PM   #11
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by loves2bake View Post
All the comments about the trouble with their Bosch confound me. If using the 700-800 watt machine(Universal Plus), what issues are you having that make it "trash"?

If using the Compact and expect it to perform like a a 450 watt K'aid then it might be "trash" like.

Plastic versus metal on the outside is moot unless you are driving it around the block or throwing it around your kitchen. What is on the inside is what counts. Show me another 800 watt stand mixer that can compete and I would like to hold a discussion. I didn't buy my mixer to attach lots of accessories so can't comment on how difficult the Bosch is compared to K'aid but do know that there is never unmixed product in the bottom of my Bosch bowl the way there is in my K'aid.

The K'Aid machines are adjustable so that the flat beater and the wire whisk can get a bit further to the bottom of the bowl. But they should NEVER be allowed to touch the bowl's bottom!

The dough hook however, MUST stay at least a bit away from the bowl's bottom so that it does not bang against it. But I've never had that problem with stuff being left unmixed at the bottom.

K'Aid's manuals also suggest that you turn off the machine and scrape the bowl down now and then, so that your ingredients are thoroughly incoporated in the bowl.

Corey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:09 AM   #12
Assistant Cook
Not all Kitchen Aid stand mixers have that adjustment screw. No matter what I do, there is stuff in the bottom 1/2 inch of the bowl that cannot be easily reached without taking the bowl away from the beaters. I don't have that issue with my Bosch.

loves2bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 06:09 AM   #13
Executive Chef
Maybe not in the Proline Series, but all other models have it, according to the manual that came with my K-5SS machine.

Corey123 is offline   Reply With Quote