"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 10-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #11
Sous Chef

This thing really does live up to Breville's high standards. I am careful with the non-stick surface. I use bamboo utinsils and have had no problems. The removable grills just wipe down w/soapy water and a sponge. Siegal, there must be something wrong with yours, mine heats to 450 degrees when I set it on sear and it is plenty hot. It is 1800 watts on sear, which is more than enough.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #12
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Maloney
This thing really does live up to Breville's high standards. I am careful with the non-stick surface. I use bamboo utinsils and have had no problems. The removable grills just wipe down w/soapy water and a sponge. Siegal, there must be something wrong with yours, mine heats to 450 degrees when I set it on sear and it is plenty hot. It is 1800 watts on sear, which is more than enough.
Perhaps there is a problem...I'll see if it's too late to get a replacement

Old 11-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #13
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegal View Post
Perhaps there is a problem...I'll see if it's too late to get a replacement
What ever happened with your grill Siegal? Did you contact Breville? Was it out of warranty?
Old 11-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #14
Sous Chef

I never even had a chance. It's just one corner that doesn't get hot...I bought it at Williams Sonoma they are usually pretty good at replacing things. Hopefully get a chance to go next month. My parentskeep stealing it! First they took it to the restaurant a few times when they need it for special orders now they took it home to see if "they want to buy one." Don't think I'll be getting it back maybe I'll go buy a new one with hopefully a grill with no cold spots
Old 11-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #15
Sous Chef

Quote:
I never even had a chance. It's just one corner that doesn't get hot...I bought it at Williams Sonoma they are usually pretty good at replacing things. Hopefully get a chance to go next month. My parentskeep stealing it! First they took it to the restaurant a few times when they need it for special orders now they took it home to see if "they want to buy one." Don't think I'll be getting it back maybe I'll go buy a new one with hopefully a grill with no cold spots
thanks, just curious.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #16
Sous Chef

I just got the Bobby flay cookbook boy meets grill....I know it's not a real grill and bobby flay would scoff but maybe I'll start experimenting
Old 11-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #17
Sous Chef

Quote:
I just got the Bobby flay cookbook boy meets grill....I know it's not a real grill and bobby flay would scoff but maybe I'll start experimenting
Sounds good Siegal, keep me posted or pm'd
Old 12-20-2012, 08:36 PM   #18
Assistant Cook

After reading through this thread, My wife put this grill on her Amazon wish list, or so she thought. This morning she ordered some parchment paper from Amazon. About an hour or so later, I was looking through my email and saw a purchase from Amazon for over $300. What the heck? How much parchment paper did she buy? I looked at the email and it was for one roll of parchment paper and one Breville grill. Hmmm...do I tell her? Was I supposed to see that? A Christmas present? I couldn't resist. I said "You ordered the grill". She looked it up on Amazon and uttered a few choice words and did the cancellation request. A few minutes later, another email. Too late to cancel, but we can refuse the shipment.

Now does anyone really think I could refuse the shipment when I know this grill is in the box? Is there anyway I can open it, look at it, and then send it back? I don't think so. I guess I am soon to be a proud owner of this grill!