"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #11
Sous Chef
 
Chef Maloney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: S.California
Posts: 455
This thing really does live up to Breville's high standards. I am careful with the non-stick surface. I use bamboo utinsils and have had no problems. The removable grills just wipe down w/soapy water and a sponge. Siegal, there must be something wrong with yours, mine heats to 450 degrees when I set it on sear and it is plenty hot. It is 1800 watts on sear, which is more than enough.
__________________

__________________
Chef Maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #12
Sous Chef
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Maloney
This thing really does live up to Breville's high standards. I am careful with the non-stick surface. I use bamboo utinsils and have had no problems. The removable grills just wipe down w/soapy water and a sponge. Siegal, there must be something wrong with yours, mine heats to 450 degrees when I set it on sear and it is plenty hot. It is 1800 watts on sear, which is more than enough.
Perhaps there is a problem...I'll see if it's too late to get a replacement
__________________

__________________
Siegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #13
Sous Chef
 
Chef Maloney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: S.California
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegal View Post
Perhaps there is a problem...I'll see if it's too late to get a replacement
What ever happened with your grill Siegal? Did you contact Breville? Was it out of warranty?
__________________
Chef Maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #14
Sous Chef
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 545
I never even had a chance. It's just one corner that doesn't get hot...I bought it at Williams Sonoma they are usually pretty good at replacing things. Hopefully get a chance to go next month. My parentskeep stealing it! First they took it to the restaurant a few times when they need it for special orders now they took it home to see if "they want to buy one." Don't think I'll be getting it back maybe I'll go buy a new one with hopefully a grill with no cold spots
__________________
Siegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #15
Sous Chef
 
Chef Maloney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: S.California
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegal View Post
I never even had a chance. It's just one corner that doesn't get hot...I bought it at Williams Sonoma they are usually pretty good at replacing things. Hopefully get a chance to go next month. My parentskeep stealing it! First they took it to the restaurant a few times when they need it for special orders now they took it home to see if "they want to buy one." Don't think I'll be getting it back maybe I'll go buy a new one with hopefully a grill with no cold spots
thanks, just curious.
__________________
Chef Maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #16
Sous Chef
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 545
I just got the Bobby flay cookbook boy meets grill....I know it's not a real grill and bobby flay would scoff but maybe I'll start experimenting
__________________
Siegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #17
Sous Chef
 
Chef Maloney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: S.California
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegal View Post
I just got the Bobby flay cookbook boy meets grill....I know it's not a real grill and bobby flay would scoff but maybe I'll start experimenting
Sounds good Siegal, keep me posted or pm'd
__________________
Chef Maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:36 PM   #18
Assistant Cook
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 3
After reading through this thread, My wife put this grill on her Amazon wish list, or so she thought. This morning she ordered some parchment paper from Amazon. About an hour or so later, I was looking through my email and saw a purchase from Amazon for over $300. What the heck? How much parchment paper did she buy? I looked at the email and it was for one roll of parchment paper and one Breville grill. Hmmm...do I tell her? Was I supposed to see that? A Christmas present? I couldn't resist. I said "You ordered the grill". She looked it up on Amazon and uttered a few choice words and did the cancellation request. A few minutes later, another email. Too late to cancel, but we can refuse the shipment.

Now does anyone really think I could refuse the shipment when I know this grill is in the box? Is there anyway I can open it, look at it, and then send it back? I don't think so. I guess I am soon to be a proud owner of this grill!
__________________

__________________
Skyyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.