Cook top stove problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

letscook

Head Chef
I have a glass top stove which i love didn't think i would when i got it. Cleans up great.
anyways --- My light that says cooktop is on is staying lit, but no burners are on.
Before i go anyfurther anyone else have/had same problem?

I have a glass top stove. Which light are you talking about? Mine has two different lights. One by the burner knob showing the burner is on and one on the cook top showing the burner is hot. The one on the cook top stays on until the burners are cooled off enough to be safe. The one by the knob goes off when the knob is turned off. Does your light stay on all the time? If so then you need to call for service.

I only have 1 light, for when the burner is on but it

stays lit until the cooktop cools off. It should say in your owners manual how yours works. As far as I know all the stoves like this have some sort of light that indicates the cooktop is still hot.

I have 2 -one is Hot surface light and the other is Cooktop on light --
it is the one that says cook top one.
the burners are off and all cooled done but the light is lit to say cooktop on.
stove 2 yrs old.

My sister's stove top has a light that's by the knob. It stays lighted while the burner is on and until it cools off after it's turned off. It's a safety feature so you don't accidentally put your hand or some combustable item on a hot burner.

that what i have but stays on long after burners have cooled and nothing is cooking.
i went on the whirlpool website and they was a place to email them.
Like to find out if could be something simple before i call a repair man.

Back
Top Bottom