Flip-up door ovens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rocio

Assistant Cook
Does anyone have seen an oven where the door opens to the top (flip-up)??? Most of the time the door opens to the sides or down. I nee one that opens to the top.
Thanks

rocio said:
Does anyone have seen an oven where the door opens to the top (flip-up)??? Most of the time the door opens to the sides or down. I nee one that opens to the top.
Thanks

I've seen one and worked with one. I don't know if they make them for home use though. The one I used got a lot, lot hotter than the regular 500 degree oven.

Eric, Do you remeber the brand??? I design home and professional kitchens and I need to supply one to a customer.
Thanks a lot.

rocio said:
Eric, Do you remeber the brand??? I design home and professional kitchens and I need to supply one to a customer.
Thanks a lot.
Oh man. That was a while ago. I can get in touch with a friend of mine back in NYC. He designs kitchens for hotels and restaurants.
This particular oven, I remember, had about 12 rows on each side with flames coming out of it. Try working all night next to it with a huge grill next to that. I had a thermometer in my shirt pocket all night and it read 125 most of the time. 125 just standing there!

Back
Top Bottom