Kitchen Aid attachments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the recommendation, Josh. Does the rubber really help scrape down the bowl? It seems like a great idea.

Ever since I got mine, I haven't seen the one that came with my KA. Sell the blood of your first born if you have to. :cool:

I was gifted a Classic Kitchenaid mixer for Christmas, yay me! I have been coveting them forever. I truly wanted a red Artisan, for the larger capacity bowl, and because duh, it's red! However, I am ecstatic to have received it as a gift, mom did good! She also bought me a few attachments, including the scraper beater you guys discussed earlier in this thread. I was excited to use it, as I hate stopping the mixing process to scrape the bowl when I am baking. However, when making my first cake, I noticed that for some reason ingredients kept splashing out of the bowl. I have used the mixer a couple of times since I received it, and it didn't seem to matter whether I began with dry ingredients or wet ingredients in the bowl, they seemed to splash out, even though the bowl was not even close to full. This was even on the lowest setting. Both times I switched to the regular beater in order to finish. Is this normal with the beater blade, or am I possibly doing something wrong?

You would be wise to purchase the shield. The Classic is a four quart bowl and except for creaming butter and sugar, most ingredients will splash out. The lowest setting is not low enough. Or for almost $60 dollars you can purchase the new five quart glass bowl from Amazon. I have the Classic also and my son bought me the bowl last year for Mother's Day. It takes a bit of finagling to get the bowl to sit right, but it can be done. I also have the five quart stainless steel bowl with the handle. I hate the bowl that came with the mixer. No handle, hard to scrape out the ingredients. :chef:

Ok, now you are exciting me, lol! I can actually purchase a 5 quart bowl for the classic? I wasn't sure if it would fit within the structure of the mixer itself, I sooooo want a larger bowl....

Ok, now you are exciting me, lol! I can actually purchase a 5 quart bowl for the classic? I wasn't sure if it would fit within the structure of the mixer itself, I sooooo want a larger bowl....

The glass bowl is so expensive and very heavy. Go for the SS one with the handle. The base is same size and much cheaper. And while you are at it, get the new one piece shield. Worth every cent you pay for it. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom