Marinating food tumbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Indigo

Assistant Cook
Hi all,

I recently came across an appliance named "Reveo Food Tumbler". It cuts down marinating time to 20mins.

I am seriously considering getting this machine but since I live in Hong Kong and have not been able to see the machine in action I was hoping to get some comments here.

Please let me know your thoughts if it is a good or bad machine. At a price of $200.00 it is not cheap and I was wondering if there is any other appliance out on the market that works as good with a lower price.

Look forward to everyone's great advice...

Thanks...

For that price I would invest in a Foodsaver instead. The Foodsaver will cut your marinating time down that much as well, plus it has other very valuable functions.

I agree with both GB and Thump,

A food saver will forcably infuse flavors, and a ziplock bag is really all you need. I have seen the machines you are talking about, and honestly, I think the only thing it is good for is seperating the purchacer from thier hard earned money. Just my opinion though.

Thanks for the replies so far. What is a foodsaver? I live in Hong Kong and not sure what that is.

I have used ziploc bags before also. My main thought on getting the machine is the time it saves. If I use ziploc bags I usually have to marinate overnight.

Ahh... I just found out what a Foodsaver is. Gotta love "Google"

Or get what I've been using for years. And that is the Season Serve by Tupperware.

It's an oblong-shaped plastic container into which you place your meat to be marinated, add the marinade mixture, place the cover on it, give it a few shakes and place it in the fridge.

Every now and then overnight, you flip the container, give it a few more shakes and leave it on the reverse side. This helps to evenly distribute the juices and liquids throughout the meat, making it more tender and palatable.

I love it! It works for me!! That other thing, I don't know. It probably works, but its cost is ridiculously high!!

~Corey123.

I think Indigo is looking for something that will cut down on the time it takes to marinade though. Zip Lock bags and Tupperware will not cut down the time.

I used my Foodsaver to marinade all the time and it works amazingly well. What used to take all night now only takes 15-20 minutes.

Foodsaver DOES have an accessory vacuum-type marinater that she can get. It marinates meat in about twenty minutes or so.

I got one that I can't use now because I changed brands to a Kenmore. If she wants it, I'd be happy to send it to her.

There is an alternative ... the "Vacu Vin Vacuum Instant Marinater" - runs $20-$40 depending on where you buy it. It's a plastic bowl with a lid and a hand pump. It doesn't spin around in circles ... but it's a lot cheaper than that thing made by Reveo - and I don't see why it wouldn't work just as well since the basic principle is the same - the vacuum causes the pores in the meat to expand and soak up the marinade.

The problem, at least here in the US, is that these were so popular that everyone is sold out until the next shipments arrive from Holland sometime in late July, or early August.

Yeah, I forgot about that one.

It works somewhat like the Foodsaver accessory, but does use a hand pump instead. I might get THAT one!

~Corey123.

Back
Top Bottom