Need 'inexpensive' bread machines reviews.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoMama

Senior Cook
Long story short ... my old & faithful bread machine is no longer made ... yesterday I discovered my house-sitter / dog-sitter lost my blade to my bread machine (don't ask me how!) while we were on vacation last week.

Used blade to replace will run me about $25 ... am thinking about buying a new 'inexpensive' bread machine instead of replacing old blade (as used parts are very expensive for machines no longer in production.

And ... my 'splurge' budget is currently curtailed ... post vacation ... LOL!

If you have an 'inexpensive' bread machine, I would love to hear your review ... positive or negative.

Thank you!

Long story short ... my old & faithful bread machine is no longer made ... yesterday I discovered my house-sitter / dog-sitter lost my blade to my bread machine (don't ask me how!) while we were on vacation last week.

Used blade to replace will run me about $25 ... am thinking about buying a new 'inexpensive' bread machine instead of replacing old blade (as used parts are very expensive for machines no longer in production.

If you have an 'inexpensive' bread machine, I would love to hear your review ... positive or negative.

Thank you!

Sometimes you can pick up a used really cheap at your local thrift store. I have an old Toastmaster that was fairly cheap when I bought it but that was a long time ago. If you have a Bed Bath and Beyond near you, you can usually google BBB coupons and find a printable coupon for 20% off.

I actually had my mixing blade go into the garbage disposal and did some good damage to it. I found a used machine at a garage sale that was the same brand and got it for $5.00. All I wanted was the perfectly good paddle. :)

I dont know if this is a worthwhile idea or not, but I have gotten several replacement things on Ebay. Often no one wants them but you, so they are only a dollar or so. Unfortunately, the shipping may be a lot more. It's Worth checking anyway. Let us know how it works out.

I am happy with my machine, and I feel sure it is a cheapie, my ex MIL gave it to me. It's an Hiatachi HB-B201. And she had already used it for years.

Thank you!

Argh ... a replacement blade (including postage) would have been about $25 ... only one person - via Google / eBay searches - was found to have the ol' blade.

So ... lo ... yesterday temptation overcame me & lo I did pull forth my credit card ... I have a new Sunbeam bread machine ... JoMama is back in bread again ... LOL!

We've had lots of luck on kijiji.com but I suspect that might be Canada only. I second the garage sale deal.

Y'all may now slap me upside my head !

Hmmmmm ... hamster made the wheel turn ... brain cells kicked into gear ... got to thinking. ("Warning, danger, Dr. Smith!")

Something told me to go dig the bag of goo (leftover from the loaf of bread I attempted to bake on Tuesday) out of the backyard trashcan ... guess what I found on that partially baked loaf of bread / goo ... THE BLADE TO MY OL' TRUST HITACHI BREAD MACHINE!

I suspect my dog-sitter / house-sitter took it off the kitchen counter and just popped it into the bread pan inside the machine without putting it on the 'pin'.

( Insert cries of joy here! :) )

Fortunately, I had never used the new Sunbeam bread machine I bought Tuesday afternoon I and had kept all the box, packing, etc. It will go back to Wally-Mart this coming Monday morning.

So ... y'all feel free to slap me up the head ... throw old crusty loaves of bread at me ... or some other deserving punishment ... goodness knows, I deserve it!!!

Hi

Just be careful when looking to save on breadmakers. Although you can pick up bargains and there are plenty of cheap machines on the market. There are normally some reasons why.. 1st being the size of the actual breadpan and 2nd being noisy machines.

I personally use the Panasonic SD255 breadmaker, it was expensive but has lots of features and great reviews.

Remember they usually last a few years, so don't go to cheap.

If you ever have that problem again(and yes I've done it too)you can usually find bread machines in all kinds and sizes at Goodwill. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a new machine until I knew how much I would use it. I spent 7.17 on it more than a year ago, it still works like a charm and has paid for itself twice over already
thistle

Back
Top Bottom