Rachael Ray's Cookware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roxy

Senior Cook
They have it on sale here where I live...would you buy the stainless steel or the porcelain?

I bought Rachael Ray's cookware yesterday and bought the stainless steel..so happy that I did too:) It is great:)

I saved a long time to buy this cookware..you get what you pay for and I am glad I got it. Not everyone can have the same views on things. I think Rachaels cookware is fantastic.

I am glad you like it.

In my opinion, however, you could have easily gotten much better quality cookware for your money.

You pay a lot of money for her name. Needlessly, IMO.

Maybe..maybe not...I searched alot of cookware and this is what I wanted. I saved up money to buy it and rewarded myself for saving the money..so I am happy for me. I looked at alot of cookware and this is what I decided to get. I really don't care if I paid for her name...I like the cookware and that is what I based my decision on..the cookware..how it looked and felt, etc..not her name.

Roxy, congrats on the new cookware. Doesn't it feel wonderful? I bought all new cookware the beginning of the year when I re-did my kitchen. I hadn't had good cookware because I didn't know how to cook. I never thought I'd get such a thrill out of new, great cookware!!! I got SS, too.

Last edited:
I am glad you like it.

In my opinion, however, you could have easily gotten much better quality cookware for your money.

You pay a lot of money for her name. Needlessly, IMO.

Just curious - what cookware do you consider better quality? Calphalon has a 10-piece set for $499, and All-Clad's is $299, while the Rachael Ray set can be had for $199. Gotta say, I'm not crazy about the orange handles on the RR set, though :dry:

My issue with the RR stuff is it's limited. Because it's her "line" there's not a lot of pieces or way to expand the sets. That and the orange handles. What is up with that?

Don't know whether to laugh or not lol Man...I just wanted an opinion on what kind of set to buy...made a decision on the stainless steel..thought I would post what I bought since you all were so nice to help me..and now there are debates on what is better..RR's name is on it and you pay for her name, etc...geez..if you saw what I was using and you had to use it..you would be grateful too lol Anyway...I am happy for me:)

Roxy, you have to understand, there are a lot LOT of RR haters. Personally, I tolerate her more or less. Also personally, I won't buy any branded by a celebrity product. They have enough money, they don't need mine. They can also be (pun warning) a flash in the pan which possibly limits future additions to sets unlike full blown cookware manufacturers.

People were only trying to help out.

Hi Roxy, I took a look at that set, and I think it looks great. I’d use it. But, it doesn’t matter if I would use it or anyone else for that matter. What matters is that you like it!

The RR set I looked up was priced at $199.00 which is pretty much the standard price for a good 10 piece set. The only decent sets I’ve seen cheaper are by Cuisinart, and even then, the difference in price is only about $40. I don’t find the RR set to be over-priced; on the contrary, it’s comparably priced to other sets.

So, I say you got a good deal. Enjoy the new cookware!

It really doesn't matter to me if members like Rachael Ray or the cookware I bought or not...guess everyone has their own definition of helping and what is top notch cookware etc. I am grateful to the people who are happy for me buying it and it is alot better cookware than I was using. As far as the orange handles...at least these handles stay on the pans:):) doing happy dance. Just thought I would tell everyone what I got.

Last edited:
Bummer! That's too bad! At the price of $299 for a set, I was thinking I might finally get my hands on some All Clad! :LOL:

I know - I have one piece (two if you count the lid ;)), a saute pan, that is my primary cooking pan. I bought it when I had a freelance Web design client and received a nice paycheck for a couple months' worth of retainer. It was $160 for the one piece, so $299 for a set is something I'd jump at, too.

Back
Top Bottom