Single Serving Cream Whipper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PianoAl

Cook
My wife and I often whip up one or two servings of unsweetened whipped cream. We've done it three ways: Big nitrous-powered cream whipper, standard stick mixer, and small 2-AA-battery-powered milk frother (Aero-latte).

The problem with the first, is that by the time we finish the cream that is in the whipper, it has gone sour (it happens in only a few days, since the stuff inside is whipped).

The problem with the standard stick mixer is that it whips too hard, and as soon as the cream starts getting whipped, the blade spins, and you can't get it all whipped.

The Aero-Latte is best, but its low power means it takes too long to whip the cream.

First-world problem, huh?

Anyway, I'm looking for something between the second two options. A small, corded stick mixer with full-range variable power. I'd prefer something without a guard around the blade, but I realize that might not be an option.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Al

How about a stainless steel bowl and a balloon whisk? If necessary, you could make motor boat noises with your mouth while whisking.

I use the stick blender in a 16 oz. bartenders shaker glass, similar to the one pictured below. I chill the glass in the freezer. The head of the immersion blender fits the bottom of the glass with little room to spare. I do as little as a 1/4 cup of heavy cream with a dash of vanilla extract and an individual packet of Splenda. This method has two drawbacks. The first is the waste of cream lost when cleaning the blender and the second is that cream whipped with the stick blender does not whip as light and fluffy as it does when you use a traditional handheld mixer.

297535.jpg

I agree, RP. I have a Cuisinart stick blender with a whisk attachment. I haven't tried making whipped cream with it yet, but it's good to know that works.

Is your blade above the holes on the side? It can make all the difference. The liquid is on a hit or miss mission as to whether to reaches the blade if it is it is below. The liquid doesn't flow as freely. When the blade is above the holes, the blade pulls the liquid through the holes so that all the cream gets whipped. The blade performs as a reverse whirlpool for the holes. It pulls the cream through the holes, thus ensuring success. :angel:

How big is your whipper?

Mosa seems to have a .25 liter one. Mayhaps you should downsize?

I used the immersion blender tonight with the whisk thing.

4oz of heavy cream and some splenda... worked a treat.

Hmm. My stick blender with the whisk attachment is a recently acquired toy. I'm envisioning some whipped cream in my near future.

Our stick blender came with a balloon whisk that can be swapped for the blade. Makes whipped cream easy.
That's what I use too. It's great for egg whites as well. I wouldn't buy an immersion blender that didn't have that attachment.
I agree, RP. I have a Cuisinart stick blender with a whisk attachment. I haven't tried making whipped cream with it yet, but it's good to know that works.
That's the one I have. And the mini food processor is handy too.

1302191639-83777_full.jpg

Thanks, guys. Yes I think a stick mixer with a balloon whisk is the ticket.

While taking a nap, today, the idea came to me. I can't believe I didn't think of it before. I simply need to remove one of the beaters from a regular hand mixer.

I tried it and it works fine.

0065577200804_500X500.jpg

While taking a nap, today, the idea came to me. I can't believe I didn't think of it before. I simply need to remove one of the beaters from a regular hand mixer.

I tried it and it works fine.

0065577200804_500X500.jpg

Now that is brilliant!

Back
Top Bottom