"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 01-13-2009, 08:35 PM   #11
Cook

I have to admit... If I were certain that I got all the glass off of that bread, I'd certainly try eating it!

Old 01-13-2009, 08:36 PM   #12
Master Chef

Not saying I wouldn't either, LOL, but unfortunately there are wee little ones involved and can't risk that!

Old 01-13-2009, 08:55 PM   #13
Master Chef

Susie, toss the bread! And no crying about it. Understand? It's just a thing; and things can be remade, even if it takes a couple of days. Suck it up girl. It's not the end of the world. It's just bread.

Just bread! What am I saying! It's the culmination of three days of loving attention, with care, patience, and the hopes and dreams of a generation awaiting the final, breath-taking, and gloriously golden baguettes that were supposed to grace the table. Sob! I can't stand it. I will now have to go into a dark room, and whip myself with hemp rope, and wear sackcloth for a week, and confess my sins to the inquisitioner.

Suzie, will you meet me at the wailing wall tonight, about midnight, for three hours of wailing? Me and BT will be there waiting for you. I'll bring the ingredients for s'mores. We can light Bt's hair on fire to melt the marshmallows. He won't mind. He's got Boone's Farm to brace him up. Oh, and he's been woking out too. He's got those rock-hard abs, just right to use in place of that punching bag that Maveric suggested.

But seriously Susie, toss the bread. You can make more, and it will be better than that batch wold have been anyways.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:03 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Dump it, Buttercup. I've been baking bread longer than you've been on the planet and I know how much work some of it can be. As Goodweed said, suck it up and carry on.

Tomorrow's another day.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:47 PM   #15
Head Chef

Yes, I agree with everyone. We all have had our share of kitchen accidents, burns and flops. Please, it is not worth risking perforating a part of your digestive system if you guessed wrong. It is not worth a trip to the hospital.

Start over, please.