Tell Me About Your Toaster Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CanadianMeg

Senior Cook
I need to replace my toaster soon, I think. I don't like this one so I'm not sad it's going. (I loved my previous toaster that was broken when my landlord's cat knocked it off the counter!)

Tell me about your toast: what brand is it, what do you like about it, what do you hate about it, whatever you care to tell me. :-p

ETA: A toaster oven is not an option. I don't have the counter space for it or the storage.

Last edited:
Mine isn't anything special, it's just 2 slots and cheap :eek:)
We don't do a lot a toast or anything at home, so , didn't want to spend the money.

I have a Kenwood cool-wall toaster - it cost about 30 or 40 UK pounds a year or so ago. I have tried other brands, but hvae been disappointed with the results. I bought a Tefal one and tried it for 3 weeks and then gave it away to my daughter and went out and bought the present Kenwood :)

texasgirl said:
Mine isn't anything special, it's just 2 slots and cheap :eek:).
Mine is the same. It came with our place and I know that the landlord only paid about €11 (Euro) for it! I hate using the thing because sometimes it omits a funky smell when it's turned on. So I often just make toast in the oven. I want to get a way better one, perhaps I'll ask for one for Christmas.

For more on toasters check out this website:
http://www.toaster.org/faq.html

If you are going to start over new with a toaster, I would suggest a little oven toaster rather than "toaster toaster".... it is much more versatile, you can also reheat sandwiches, baguette or croissant etc. quickly without having to heat up the big oven.

Mine is a Cuisinart custom control toaster. I purchased it probably 7+ years ago, to go with my kitchen's coloring (it's yellow). I've not ever had even one problem with it, and it consistantly toasts perfectly. It's also a great design - long and shallow, so it doesn't take up too much counter space.

Toastess brand. LOL! Its a piece of garbage, got it at Canadian Tire and it is awful. I had a Black and Decker one when we got married but it didn't survive the move. That one was AWESOME.

urmaniac13 said:
If you are going to start over new with a toaster, I would suggest a little oven toaster rather than "toaster toaster".... it is much more versatile, you can also reheat sandwiches, baguette or croissant etc. quickly without having to heat up the big oven.

Took the words right out of my mouth! I swear by my toaster oven. I'm sure it doesn't toast as nicely as a slotted toaster, but I hardly make toast and like you said, the toaster oven is incredibly versitile. I do all of what Licia said along with toasting bagles that wouldn't fit in a toaster, making individual pizzas, baked potatoes, you name it. I think mine's a Black and Decker.

I have a bright red KitchenAide toaster which I love. It it wide enough that bagels fit in nicely. It's also one where the outside stays cool to the touch. The crumb tray is a pullout from the side so you don't make a mess moving from a cupboard to the countertop. It toasts evenly every time.

But I wish I had bought a toaster oven! I always thought they were just another gadget that I didn't need but having used one at my ex's, I changed my mind.

You can make perfect grilled cheeses in them. And any other kind of toasted sandwich. It reheats things like pizza perfectly. I didn't do a whole lot with it since I was a n00bie with it, but with practice I could see using it for a lot more stuff.

:heart:
Z

We also went from a cruddy toaster to a deluxe toaster oven. I think it's even convection. I'm not that crazy about the way it toasts bread, but it's great for other uses.

Ours is a basic Toastmaster toaster that we got for a wedding present 12-1/2 years ago. 2 wide slots handle bagels nicely and it does toast just fine. I doubt that it cost more than $10 new, and it will probably still be going when I'm not any more... :LOL:

I have a Cuisinart bought a few years ago and I'm not thrilled with it. If DH's toast is dark enough I find mine burnt. But I don't toast all that much. I would prefer a toaster-oven but the ones we've had don't make very good toast. DH saw a machine in one of the on-flight magazines that combine a toaster-oven with a proper toaster (a slot on each side) which might tempt me but the cost is awful!

If I grill I do it either in a pan or my George Foreman.

We have a retro style Cuisinart that stinks. It toasts inconsistently and the slots aren't wide enough for some slices of rye or pupmernickel.

I like a Cuisinart toaster oven/broiler that got good ratings from Consumer Reports. I think it's time for a switch.

I have a Cuisinart toaster that I love. It has wide enough slots for bagels and does a great job of evenly toasting the bread. I also have a toaster oven. The oven is great for somethings, but I prefer the toaster to the oven for toast and bagels.

I got a $20 GE bagel toaster today from wally world. The slots are ultra wide 1.5 x normal size and it has a bagel setting.
We'll probably take it for a test spin in a day or two.

I can't find a toaster I like...:(

I had a cheap, cheap one from Walmart and I didn't like it because one side of the toast was always toasted and the other side wasn't...so when that toaster died I wasn't sorry!

Then I bought a Cuisinart...and find I don't like it either! I guess the problem is the wide slots...it's OK for bagels, but regular bread slices get brown on one side and not the other. sigh...and that's the biggest kitchen problem I have :ROFLMAO:

good luck!

We have a toaster and a quite large toaster oven. I never use the toaster - dh does once in a while. I like oven toast and with the oven I can do most everything.

I bought my toaster from Fry's. Pretty good selection actually. All stainless, digital read out with count down.

Back
Top Bottom