Which Appliance Is or Was Your Best Investment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well no one else has said, so I’m wondering if I’m the only one that uses one! :)

My best investment has to be the toaster oven. There’s only two of us to cook for, and we invested in a large, extra deep toaster oven with a rotisserie. It’s awesome. I can’t imagine living without it. We grill outdoors a lot, so sides are often done on the stove top or in the toaster oven. A small casserole dish or an 8 inch cast iron skillet (for awesome cornbread) fits perfectly, and a 12” pizza is easily accommodated. It uses less electricity and doesn’t heat up the house. Not to mention it makes for easy rotisserie dishes (even though I have a stand alone George Foreman rotisserie!). I love that little oven!

bandonjan said:
My KA mixer(s), had a 4 1/2 QT for at least 25 years
and bought a new 6 QT last year.

That's just like me, bandonjan!!

I've owned the K'Aid K-45SS Stand Mixer nearly as long - almost 21 years, and it's still working just as good as it did when it was new.

And like yourself, I also bought another K'Aid Stand Mixer last year, the K45SSUW 5-qt. Stand Mixer.

Right you are, jp!

FOODSAVER hands down!

Food processsor
emulsion blender
and my ERO PRO Deep Fryer... that baby is awesome!!!

I'll just list my bestest, most frequently used:

My Braun immersion blender/food processor combo

I have a 4-month old KA stand mixer that's been used only once so far. Even then, I thought the setting up and the clean up was too much trouble. I've found myself still using my Braun immersion blender with the whisk attachment for mixing batters and stuff. Maybe I'm just not that big a baker that my loads are small enough or my recipes simple enough for my trusty Braun gizmo.

Yeah, I forgot about my K'Aid Stick Blender!

I've already used it a few times, and it works great!!

And my Kenmore Toast 'N Wave microwave oven. It's big and roomy interior holds even odd-shaped dishes! Love the built-in toaster as well!

Last edited:
As silly as it sounds, my best appliance investment was/is a $15 electric skillet from KMart. Bought when the apartment I was renting only had a gas oven (which I refused to use) and I had the urge to make eggs. Two years later, I have used it for so much more and so often. Paid for itself within the first month.

And what is a Foodsaver that everykeeps mentioning?

I own a 13-inch Rival electric skillet, which I've had for 13 years, that I bought from Service Merchandise when they were around!

I hardly ever use it, but it's nice to know that when I do, it's there. And yes, I HAVE used it to make breakfast items, such as pancakes, bacon, saussages and French toast.

Well, I own an old Robot Coupe food processor, which I plan to donate to charity or anyone who wants it, and an old Cuisinart stick blender, which I plan to do the same thing with.

These were replaced with much more modern and heavy duty powerful units.

I also have an old Rival Slow Cooker, which I plan to keep, since it still works like new. Oh. I also have an electric grain mill and an electric egg poacher - both of which I haven't used yet.

And a Presto Options Multi-Cooker. And also, I can't forget my George Foreman grill! And my American Harvest dehydrator. Haha!!

Last edited:
Even after adding all that stuff, I STILL forgot two of my other great investments - my Zojiroushi Bread Machine and my Zojiroushi Microm Rice Cooker. Haha!!

I knew that would get your attention! Haha!!

But I think that's everything now. Unless I think of something later.

Oh yes, what about the Betty Crocker blender? Also the Hershey Chocolate Fondue which looks like a giant chocolate Hershey kiss! Haha!!

Ooooh, this is a hard one. 6 months ago I would have said my commercial Bunn coffee grinder (a steal off of ebay) but that was because I'm such a bad cook and coffee was the only thing I could consistently make well. But I recently renovated my kitchen and got a "new" Five Star commercial-type gas range off of Craig's list and wow, I am astounded with it! This could be because my previous stove was a 40 year old monster I inherited with the house that I now know was way off temperature wise and the burners had to be lit with a match. Probably ANY other stove would have seemed fantastic but this one has cool stuff I don't even know what to do with yet. ****, I feel spoiled just turning on a burner without catching my hair on fire!

Back
Top Bottom