"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 07-31-2012, 09:34 AM   #1
Cook

Question Who has a nutribullet

I might get one in a few weeks.It seems pretty solid,long as it doesn't get overfilled.How has it been working for you?Can it work with frozen foods well?

Old 07-31-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
Executive Chef

I have a thing similar to that. Have had it for a few years now. It works well for small quantities and does what the demo is showing for the nutribullet. I only paid about $40 for it. My blender does the same thing on super speed for larger quantities. Personally I wouldn't spend that much money for that product.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:55 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

If it is anything like the MagicBullet--I wouldn't waste the money. I hardly use mine. I have both--the big one and the little one. I use the little one to grind spices and that is about it. The big one lives in the basement and hasn't made it upstairs yet. I was disappointed in both when I tried to do things that were demo on TV. That taught me not to stay up late watching Infomertials.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:48 PM   #4
Cook

Its a little different.Here is from the site.
Q: How does the NutriBullet compare to the Magic Bullet?

A: The NutriBullet has a 600 watt motor (Magic Bullet has 250). The NutriBullet large vessel has a 24-ounce capacity (Magic Bullet is 18 ounce) and the NutriBullet comes with the all-new Blade.
I agree $100 is a bit high,$60 sounds more reasonable.I might try it though.Will be easier to travel with then a regular blender.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:07 AM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbs View Post
Its a little different.Here is from the site.
Q: How does the NutriBullet compare to the Magic Bullet?

A: The NutriBullet has a 600 watt motor (Magic Bullet has 250). The NutriBullet large vessel has a 24-ounce capacity (Magic Bullet is 18 ounce) and the NutriBullet comes with the all-new Blade.
I agree $100 is a bit high,$60 sounds more reasonable.I might try it though.Will be easier to travel with then a regular blender.
You travel with your blender? The only time I packed a blender was when I went to the Bahamas with a friend after graduating from university...we wanted to be able to make Pina Coladas...had to dismantle the bathroom window in our hotel room to find a nail to break open the coconut...and used my Dr. Scholl's sandal as a hammer...as I recall, it worked.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:35 AM   #6
Cook

I haven't yet because the blender in the house isn't mine,its my step mom's.I go to see family & friends often 120mi south.Not one has a blender.I'm into smoothies more then coffee now.With a laptop,speakers,clothes,cooler,& couple other things.I don't have enough room to stuff a regular blender without risk of damaging it.I got a good ways to walk when I get into town.Usually go through the woods to cut time.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:28 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbs View Post
I haven't yet because the blender in the house isn't mine,its my step mom's.I go to see family & friends often 120mi south.Not one has a blender.I'm into smoothies more then coffee now.With a laptop,speakers,clothes,cooler,& couple other things.I don't have enough room to stuff a regular blender without risk of damaging it.I got a good ways to walk when I get into town.Usually go through the woods to cut time.
Why not buy an "adequate" one to leave there, and a better one for your use at home? A lot easier than traveling with one, IMO.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #8
Sous Chef

I have a knock-off Magic Bullet (from JC Penney) and I really like it. It's got a lot of cups & tops with 2 blades and it does a great of job of making pesto, grinding nuts, and blending my shakes. It was around $15 and a bargain for the price. I like the fact that one blade can be in the dishwasher and I'll still be able to use the machine with the 2nd blade.

If you hardly use yours, I imagine it either doesn't suit your needs or you got the wrong thing. Maybe you'd prefer a single-serve Hamilton Beach blender which makes drinks right in the container, or perhaps you need a bigger unit altogether, such as a full sized blender or food processor.

If I make a lot of pesto, I get out my 3 cup chopper.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #9
Sous Chef

now dd wants one! any updates?
Old 06-26-2014, 10:24 PM   #10
Sous Chef

I just bought a Nutri Bullet 12 piece set, $53. I already have a Vita Mix, but wanted something for travel. Cruise ships always have acres of fresh fruit and vegetables laid out, and the VM is a bit large and heavy for packing. Tried it last night, with fresh spinach, fresh OJ, water, frozen banana and frozen strawberries and chia seeds. Worked fine.