"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources > Cookbooks, Software etc.

Old 05-25-2006, 09:18 AM   #1
Master Chef

Cuisine at Home Magazine

Does anyone subscribe to this. I'd received a copy in the mail some time ago and inadvertently just put it with all my other cookbook/magazine material and didn't look at it. Well last night I pulled out some of my reading material to get some ideas and discovered this.....I love it! I'm a little leary of the $22 a year subscription though as you only get 6 issues. I'm just wondering if all the issues are as good as the one I received. The one I have is the one with Chicken Piccata on the cover.

Old 05-25-2006, 11:12 AM   #2
Master Chef

I subscribed to it for a year & did like it. In fact, you've just reminded me that my renewal is past due.

Even though I do have hundreds of cookbooks, I do still enjoy several of the magazines for recipes & just plain fun reading. I currently subscribe to "Eating Well" & "Saveur" as well. "Saveur" is definitely my all-time favorite for reading enjoyment.

Old 05-25-2006, 11:44 AM   #3
Chief Eating Officer

Yes I subscribe and I love it. It is by far my favorite cooking mag. The price is a bit steep, but worth it IMO.

Yes each issuse is as good as the last. I love that there are no ads so the mag really does have a ton of useful info in to. The tips are great and the recipes are amazing.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:48 AM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I get TASTE OF HOME it's by the same people ( I think) and I love it.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:52 PM   #5
Executive Chef

I like Fine Cooking better but I also think Cuisine at home is good.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:28 AM   #6
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife
I used to subscribe to this but found that many of the recipes didn't appeal to me. Dad also got this and Quick Cooking when he was living and would give me his copies after he looked at them. But neither really appealed to me.

I'll have to give some serious thought about subscribing to the Cusine mag.

Thanks everyone!
Old 05-29-2006, 04:24 PM   #7
Executive Chef

I keep saving I was going to, but never did it yet.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:13 PM   #8
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife
I work for the company that publishes Cuisine At Home (August Home Publishing) and I thought I'd let you know that Taste of Home is not one of our publications.

It's neat to see that people appreciate the magazine. The editors are constantly coming up with new and fun stuff. I know people get mad when people advertise on forums like this, but just to let you all know, Cuisine At Home is about to launch a new Member Web site that will have lots of new recipes, videos, classes, ware reviews, etc. It's about to go into beta which will allow 3000 people to test it and provide feedback.....the site should go live around September. If you like the mag, you may want to check out the Member Site when it goes live. Alot of the same content but at a reduced rate and available real time. The neat thing about the site is that you get everything in the actual magazine, plus a ton more.

Anyway you can sign up to be notified about the member site by going to www.CuisineAtHome.com.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:47 PM   #9
Senior Cook

FYI, for anyone interested....

Taste of Home is published by Reiman Publications.
They also published Quick Cooking and currently publish Cooking for 2, Light & Tasty and Simple & Delicious under the Taste of Home heading. They also have some country-oriented magazines. I subscribe to Country Woman and love it. Has recipes, crafts, stories relating to living in the country....

check out www.ReimanPublications.com

when you click on the magazine, it will take you to that magazine's website.

I personally love their magazines. no ads. lots of good recipes and stories.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:03 PM   #10
Senior Cook

I usually pick up Cuisine at Home at a used book store within a couple of weeks of the issue release. I get for half price this way besides getting to scan the magazine first to discard the "duds".
Some libraries might carry it for those who don't want to subscribe.
There are so many cooking magazines now it would be very impractical to subscribe to them all.