Do you have The Good Housekeeping Cookbook from 1943?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CrémeBrulée

Assistant Cook
I have had no results from the other cooking forum I post in, so now I’m trying here.

My copy of this book is missing some pages from the index, and I would appreciate it if someone who has the book could either fax me a photocopy of the missing pages or e-mail me some scans.

The missing pages are nos. 919/920, and 949 onwards. Please PM me if you can help. I'm scanning the indexes of all my cookbooks into a text file so it will be easier for me to find the recipes I want, and this gap is stopping me.

Thanks.

Sorry, Creme, mine is a 1963 edition. Have you tried searching used book stores or the library? I was just at my local library yesterday and was very surprised at how old some of the cookbooks were that were on the shelves.

Have you tried contacting the folks who publish the book? Maybe there's something they can offer to help you. Good luck finding your missing pages.

I agree, contact the publisher or Good Housekeeping directly. Your chances are good of getting them to help.

Hopefully someone can help you. I have a ton of old cookbooks from the 50's and 60's but not too many from the 40's.

If you wanted a whole book have you tried ebay? Might be a stretch but who knows.

Nah, I just want the missing pages so I can have a full index for the book. I've already tried the libraries, but found nothing.

I did check the Good Housekeeping website this morning, and they don't seem to offer any possibilities for sending general enquiries through e-mail.

Publisher's my next stop. Hope I find an e-mail I can use or an address I can send a letter to.

Back
Top Bottom