Joy of Cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I knew I was doing the right thing in ordering this book. Now that I know how to cook a bear I feel my culinary education is complete. :ROFLMAO:
Shucks, I'd rather have bear than deer, squirrel, rabbit, or most other meats wild or domesticated.
The thing to remember is that bear must be cooked very thoroughly on account of the danger of trichinosis.

This thread will have me looking for old Joy of Cooking books when visiting thrift stores!

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Discuss Cooking mobile app

No, Bears extinct in Britain for at least 1100 years and possibly longer. There are writings from the Roman Empire (eg Martial in 81AD) which state that bears from Scotland were preferred for the spectacles in the Collosseum in Rome, but they were definitely extinct
by the 10th century .

However, there are bears in zoos, to say nothing of Paddington, Winnie the Pooh, Rupert and the bears that will eat you if you tread on the gaps in the pavement(sidewalk).

It's always worth knowing what to do with one if you find it in the garden especially if polar bears really are moving south in search of food. ;)

On a more serious side there are people who are keen on reintroducing wolves and wild boar to Britain so it can't be long before someone decides bears would be a good idea.

For us it is "Step on a crack, break your mother's back." I do love Paddington Bear. All I can think of is "Are You Being Served?" :angel:

Back
Top Bottom