Korean Cookbook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
OK, I give up. I looked through my few hundred cookbooks and seem to have lost my Korean cookbook. I have several books/magazines with Korean recipes in them, and a friend of Korean ancestry I can call any time for instructions and recipes .... but I miss my cookbook! Where did it go? Anyway, anyone with a good recommendation for a good Korean cookbook please chime in (I really don't care about recipes on-line or anything like that, I'm looking for a book). I guess when you get right down to it, I'm looking for an excuse to buy a book!

I know that this is an old thread but here are some of my new ones. Korean cook books are getting better.

Discovering Korean Cooking Recipes from Korean Restaurants in Los Angeles. I love this book I don't think that they included all of the secrets lets face it a restaurant will never tell every thing. The recipes are very good but some are complicated.

Quick and Easy Korean Cooking. This is a good solid book for cooking Korean food in the US. Most recipes are easy to follow, a few could have used a picture or two showing the steps.

Good Morning Kimchi. I love this book but one word of warning some areas of the book could have been better written. Example several recipes say “pickle lightly” for an explanation you have to go back to the start of the book but no reference is listed. That said if you have some Kimchi making knowledge this book can take you to the next level.

Korean Cuisine an Illustrated History. Love this book but not for the recipes but for the history. If you’re looking for a cook book pass but if you’re interested in the history of Korean food then this one is for you. Want to learn how to set a table for a royal meal and why it’s done that way? It’s inside this book.

Oh, dear, I did eventually find the book .... it somehow fell behind the other (hundreds) of cookbooks, and despite our best efforts it disappeared for a year or two. I may look into that History one, though; my husband is a history buff and might enjoy it. Thank you everyone!

Back
Top Bottom