Playing Hard to Get Pays Off. Good Cook book club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
I belong to that Good Cook book club (similar to Lit. Guild, Book o' the Month, etc.)

Haven't ordered a cookbook from them in awhile, so I just yesterday received my second offer to 'renew' membership and am offered 4 books for a buck apiece (probably plus shipping, but still).

I may have to take them up on this.

Mud, I do this all the time with GC club; buy my first 4 with the membership, and a 5th at half-price, then I only have to buy 1 or 2 more (can't remember which it is). Then I cancel the membership, and lo and behold, they're back a few months later with a whole string of new books at #1 apiece! And yes, it's plus shipping.

thanks. Now two can play this game! I sent off for Paula Deen's first book, two from Ina Garten (Barefoot in Paris and the family style one), and another one on blueberries (HH's fave fruit).

'bug, the dollar cookbooks are spell checked by undergrads, then by 5 year olds... beware...

Bucky, these are all top o' the line, major-league cookbooks. BUt you are right, some of the mass-produced generic books are a hoot to read!

Mudbug, I've gotten all my big 'reference' books from GC - The Professional Pasty Chef, Professional Chef, Escouffier; most of the time the bigger ones 'count as 2 books' on the original form. But, hey, paying $2 for a $75-$100 book? Any time!

I'm with you, marm. Except for that incredible deal I got on Julia's first book in an antique store in New Orleans.

speaking as the editor that I am, bucky, spellcheck is just a waste of software IMO.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom