"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools

Old 05-10-2005, 10:26 PM   #21

She has another one just like it she says, and it does not turn either! She says she examined it!

So she admits that it does not have a revolving part on it when she sold it to me.

I don't have a digital camera or a scanner or anything, but this lady is thinking I will go for this mess.

Old 05-10-2005, 11:17 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
This whole thing really ticks me off chocolatechef. I have no idea what can be considered a defense but let's face it - there is an assumption when you buy a kitchen caddy that looks like a LOT of others and THEY ALL TURN. She needs to be turned in. She's not stupid - she's just gotten by with everything so far.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 11:21 PM   #23

Well, if I have not gotten satisfaction from her by friday, I will do so!

That is a promise Elf! She has been warned and given time to make it right.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:37 PM   #24
Cook

I was reading the ebay listing and don't think it would be considered fraud, but she should give you your money back absolutely, and hope like heck you don't leave negetive feedback. We do ebay and have made costly mistakes and have sent plenty of refunds, just remember if you leave her negitive she will leave you negitive unless she has allready left your feedback. Good Luck
Old 05-10-2005, 11:54 PM   #25

Thanks janet. She has already left me positive feedback!!!!!!

LOL
Old 05-10-2005, 11:58 PM   #26
Master Chef

Just another example of why I'm not an e-Bay fan, choc!

Is the seller stupid? Umm ... who's got your money?

If you read the description of what she is selling - there is nothing to indicate it spins. If you look at the photos ... it looks like a hollow three-tier hunk of segmented plastic with no base on it. Is that what you got?

I have seen something like this a long time ago (circa 1970-1980?) - looked just like what is shown in the pictures - didn't have a base and didn't "spin" on a "lazy susan" type base. But, you could turn it by grabbing the upper-most part and giving it a turn. That's why I never bought one.

I'm afraid this goes back to the question of what is a "stupid question" .... it's the one not asked. It looks like you got exactly what was advertised .... although you "thought" it was something else.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:00 AM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire

janet - isn't there an assumption that something like this turns? It shouldn't need to be mentioned because that is what these things do? I'm trying to look at it from the seller's point but I bet even she knows these things are supposed to turn. I'm definately not arguing here with you - I'm just trying to understand. There are certain functions that certain things do that don't need to be questioned. It's kind of like (ok, this may be far-fetched) buying a grill and it not having grates - and the seller saying well, I didn't say it HAD grates. That's the whole purpose of a grill - to grill on the grates. That's the whole purpose of a kitchen carousel caddy (name brand or other brand) is that it turns. And on this I'm going to bed!! lol

How much you wanna bet I dream about a kitchen caddy tonight!

Old 05-11-2005, 12:03 AM   #28
Chef Extraordinaire

Michael - it does look hollow but I think that's just the color of the bottom. I didn't think about it spinning another way. Can it spin by turning the top part? ok - I'm going to bed for REAL this time! lol

Old 05-11-2005, 12:04 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf
janet - isn't there an assumption that something like this turns? It shouldn't need to be mentioned because that is what these things do? I'm trying to look at it from the seller's point but I bet even she knows these things are supposed to turn. I'm definately not arguing here with you - I'm just trying to understand. There are certain functions that certain things do that don't need to be questioned. It's kind of like (ok, this may be far-fetched) buying a grill and it not having grates - and the seller saying well, I didn't say it HAD grates. That's the whole purpose of a grill - to grill on the grates. That's the whole purpose of a kitchen carousel caddy (name brand or other brand) is that it turns. And on this I'm going to bed!! lol

How much you wanna bet I dream about a kitchen caddy tonight!
This is exactly what I meant Elf! And have pleasant dreams!

And Mike this is what the whole thing is about. I own 3 of these suckers that are correct and do work. I know what they are supposed to do.

Now she may have my money now, but she won't soon!

And out of about 750 or more auctions having maybe 10 not go well is a small percentage.

But see things as you wish....
Old 05-11-2005, 07:30 AM   #30
Sous Chef

Carousel? Seems to it's the ride at the fair that turns - I don't see any parents paying to put their kids on a stationary horse. I frequent a lot of fishing sites and guys are constantly wailing about getting ripped off, usually much worse than a stationary carousel. CC, I always marveled about how much you had successfully bought on ebay. Good luck on getting it resolved, but if you don't just revel in your previous success rate.