Eggies --- opinions.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh right, how could I have forgotten! But, I thought you were my long-lost twin separated at birth? Oh, dear, I'm confused (but then, I'm usually confused).

With all my long lost twins that have miraculously shown up here, I think we are up to septuplets :ROFLMAO: Thanks for reminding me Sis!:yum:

Has anyone used this product?

Amazon.com: Nordic Ware Microwave Eggs 'n Muffin Breakfast Pan: Kitchen & Dining

Some negative reviews complain the cooked egg was too wide in diameter to go on an english muffin. My idea is to use it to make Jack in the Box style "Breakfast Jacks." Cook the egg in the microwave using this product, quick fry a slice of ham along with lightly fried (toasted) hamburger buns , then add a slice of american cheese.

Those egg rings you can buy are somewhat hard to clean afterwards, even the non-stick ones sprayed with Pam.

Last edited:
I don't understand why people want to microwave their eggs (and ham) when a small fry pan works so well. Fry your ham then move it over and fry the egg in any residual fat (or add some fat/oil) then do what Calson said with the bun. You could melt your cheese over the egg or ham after it's cooked but still hot enough to melt the cheese.

I might be interested in a cooking ring that restricts the egg to conform to the bun size, although it's not that big a deal to just "nudge" it with a spatula as you cook, and encourage it to be the bun size when done.

I don't understand why people want to microwave their eggs (and ham) when a small fry pan works so well. Fry your ham then move it over and fry the egg in any residual fat (or add some fat/oil) then do what Calson said with the bun. You could melt your cheese over the egg or ham after it's cooked but still hot enough to melt the cheese.

I might be interested in a cooking ring that restricts the egg to conform to the bun size, although it's not that big a deal to just "nudge" it with a spatula as you cook, and encourage it to be the bun size when done.

I use the microwave because I can do many eggs at a time in a short amount of time and freeze them. Take it out at night, fix my breakfast in the morning and head to work. I work long shifts, the time I have at home for eating, showering and sleeping, let alone playing with my cats and being a wife, is very limited. I also cook my oatmeal in my ricecooker...enough for several days at a time.

I heat up my 12" cast iron skillet and oil it. Put a biscuit cutter in the pan and break and egg into that. Put some shredded cheese on top of the egg. Slice an english muffin in half and put the halves face down on the skillet. Add a few breakfast sausages or some bacon and you have a complete meal in one pan.

Fiona, I can understand that. You and I live in different dimensions. (I'm retired.)

Andy, I like your suggestions. I'd eat that! :)

If I could convince Shrek, as the retired party in this relationship, that he needs to have breakfast ready for me everyday, I'd be eating cold cereal.:LOL:

When I use egg rings, I end up having to scrub off the cooked egg residue that sticks to even teflon coated egg rings and the egg residue that gets into the fold down handle. That's why I'm going to try the microwave method. Also, I've heard of good results with those microwave egg cookers if you don't mix up the egg too much.

Last edited:
When I use egg rings, I end up having to scrub off the cooked egg residue that sticks to even teflon coated egg rings and the egg residue that gets into the fold down handle. That's why I'm going to try the microwave method. Also, I've heard of good results with those microwave egg cookers if you don't mix up the egg too much.

I only poke a hole through each yolk with a toothpick, my yolks stay round and are that yummy golden nugget that I eat eggs for. Just don't tell my cardiologist:ROFLMAO:

Yeah, I forgot about having to clean the ring.

I only poke a hole through each yolk with a toothpick, my yolks stay round and are that yummy golden nugget that I eat eggs for. Just don't tell my cardiologist:ROFLMAO:

I guess I'm much more casual. My usual breakfast is to fry an egg in a little butter or fat. I flip it and usually poke it with the spatula with the goal of having the yolk a bit runny, and sometimes throw some Gruyere cheese over, and maybe some diced green chiles. Then I move the pan off the burner and heat a flour tortilla directly over the flame, flipping a few times. I use the spatula to shovel the egg mixture into the tortilla, spike it with Tapatio sauce and roll it up. The only dirty dishes are the frying pan and spatula.

I like the idea of having somebody cook my breakfast but my dog is undependable. Nor do I envision him washing the dishes. There is no such thing as a dirty dish to a dog. :)

Yeah, I forgot about having to clean the ring.

I guess I'm much more casual. My usual breakfast is to fry an egg in a little butter or fat. I flip it and usually poke it with the spatula with the goal of having the yolk a bit runny, and sometimes throw some Gruyere cheese over, and maybe some diced green chiles. Then I move the pan off the burner and heat a flour tortilla directly over the flame, flipping a few times. I use the spatula to shovel the egg mixture into the tortilla, spike it with Tapatio sauce and roll it up. The only dirty dishes are the frying pan and spatula.

I like the idea of having somebody cook my breakfast but my dog is undependable. Nor do I envision him washing the dishes. There is no such thing as a dirty dish to a dog. :)

LOL! it's takes two hours for my brain to turn on in the morning, I'm not allowed near the stove until I am awake. That's why my mornings are so busy.:)

Andy M. said:
I use a cheapo tin biscuit cutter that I spray with Pam. Sticking is not an issue.

I keep tuna cans with tops and bottoms cut out in my gadget drawer for cooking pseudo McMuffins. The newer cans have rounded bottoms, so you may need to search out cans that work.

LOL! it's takes two hours for my brain to turn on in the morning,

You may have assumed that I eat breakfast within two hours of waking. More like 4 hours, and I awake before dawn, not that I want to. One thing for sure, I prepare my coffee maker before turning in, so that all I have to do is poke the switch when I get up in the morning.

I keep tuna cans with tops and bottoms cut out in my gadget drawer for cooking pseudo McMuffins.

There's a clever idea! :)

Last edited:
8 oz pineapple cans and water chestnut cans can have both ends opened and work well as egg rings. I use a silicone egg ring since I use Teflon pans. I have tried the microwave, but I like the yolk a little runny and that seems pretty much impossible in the microwave. I don't have sticking issues with the silicone. Most of the time I use the nudge method, since I generally make an egg sandwich on toast. I just need the egg to be vaguely bread shaped lol

DW got me six of them for christmas. I tried them and was unimpressed. The only way they would be of use is to beat the eggs, with a bit of added milk, and add such items as little chunks of cheese, diced meat, and diced veggies to make an egg dish with those ingredients imbeded into the egg. That might be interesting. Or you could beat the egg with seasonings, and place a sausage meatball (cooked) in first. Pour in the egg, and cook. The meatball would be a pleasant suprise for the eater. I also thouth the cups might be good for making pana cotta, or baked custards.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Oh right, how could I have forgotten! But, I thought you were my long-lost twin separated at birth? Oh, dear, I'm confused (but then, I'm usually confused).

Wait! Hold the phone! You all wanted me as a grandparent, or Dad a while back. If you are now going to become twins, sextuplets, etc., I'll never be able to afford the food bill. And at Christmas time, be prepared for a hardy "Merry Christmas", 'cause that's all I can afford.

And no. I'm not buying you a Porche, not any of you. But you know, if all of you pool your money together, a respected and deserving Grandfather could sure use one. And you've twelve months to save before next Christmas.:ROFLMAO:

Wait! Hold the phone! You all wanted me as a grandparent, or Dad a while back. If you are now going to become twins, sextuplets, etc., I'll never be able to afford the food bill. And at Christmas time, be prepared for a hardy "Merry Christmas", 'cause that's all I can afford.

And no. I'm not buying you a Porche, not any of you. But you know, if all of you pool your money together, a respected and deserving Grandfather could sure use one. And you've twelve months to save before next Christmas.:ROFLMAO:

Thank you Papa! I'll keep that in mind for your Christmas present.

<googling Hot Wheels...>

Back
Top Bottom