"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools

Old 12-25-2011, 02:18 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Yeah, but you gotta clean and store those gadgets too! I like my cooking gadgets too, it's just that most of them are fairly traditional, although not necessarily to typical American or European cooking. For example: sushi making stuff.

My next gadget could be a heavy duty mixer for baking. I've already got a blender, food processors (a big one and a small one), rice maker, couple of stick blenders, etc. I'd call all of them traditional cooking equipment more than gadgets.

The Eggies look like useless gadgets to me. I'll admit I've never tried them.

Old 12-25-2011, 02:22 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Some of us are not only Foodies, but Gadget Freaks...something new, ya gotta try it.
I agree! My gadgets mostly have buttons on them and are electric.

I think I'll pass on this one. I already have the plastic omlette pan and poaching cups for the microwave.

Old 12-25-2011, 02:29 PM   #13
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I didn't say buy them, they ended up in the trash here. But, there's something about some things, you just have to see for yourself. If they had worked great and saved Shrek some time they would have been worth it. But since they didn't work great...they didn't survive long.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:15 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

i have been curious about them. thanks for the reviews.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:25 PM   #15
Senior Cook

They were a gift to me and after trying them I would NEVER recommend them to anyone but the plastic recycle bin! I agree with all the above comments --- just another gimmick and, unfortunately, before people catch on to just how useless they are, the manufacturer will have made lots of $$$$!
Old 12-25-2011, 11:37 PM   #16
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
wait wait wait. . .a gadget to make boiling eggs easier? Never heard of this product before, but sounds like the same company that would make something that makes making ice cubes easier.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:28 AM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATTRAT View Post
wait wait wait. . .a gadget to make boiling eggs easier? Never heard of this product before, but sounds like the same company that would make something that makes making ice cubes easier.
I think that is the ice maker that gets put on the counter...I haven't figured that out. I did a bunch of eggs the other day (I might be related to Shrek--I like HB eggs as a snack and try to limit the number of eggs I eat / day to 2). I whacked the shell on the "big end" and then used LP's trick of using a spoon (because I wanted deviled eggs and wanted them pretty--I also put them on their sides for 24 hours before to center the yolks). The spoon works well--but I don't know that it saved me time. It probably takes less time to peel and egg than it does to peel a head of garlic or an onion...
Old 12-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

since hb eggs have a kind of skin that helps the egg seperate from the shell, they need to invent tiny little disposable liners for the eggie that will allow itto seperate from the thing, then you peel the liner off the egg.

or maybe they can make eggies with a non-stick liner.

or cast iron eggies that you season...

lol, i'm kidding of course.

thanks to all for the heads up about yet another crappy "as seen on tv" product.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 01:46 PM   #19
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I think that is the ice maker that gets put on the counter...I haven't figured that out. I did a bunch of eggs the other day (I might be related to Shrek--I like HB eggs as a snack and try to limit the number of eggs I eat / day to 2). I whacked the shell on the "big end" and then used LP's trick of using a spoon (because I wanted deviled eggs and wanted them pretty--I also put them on their sides for 24 hours before to center the yolks). The spoon works well--but I don't know that it saved me time. It probably takes less time to peel and egg than it does to peel a head of garlic or an onion...
You can't be related to Shrek, cuz you and me are cousins! The only time I got flowers from Shrek as an apology was after an argument over how to peel boiled eggs.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:50 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
You can't be related to Shrek, cuz you and me are cousins! The only time I got flowers from Shrek as an apology was after an argument over how to peel boiled eggs.
Oh right, how could I have forgotten! But, I thought you were my long-lost twin separated at birth? Oh, dear, I'm confused (but then, I'm usually confused).