Good Spice Grinder or Mill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lumn

Assistant Cook
Hello,

Can anyone recommend a good spice grinder/mill?

I work in a masala store in Brazil and we want to buy a good professional grinder.

As far as I know, a good grinder doesn’t heat too much the spices, can produce coarse and fine ground material and doesn’t require to much rest time between uses.

We want a machine capable of producing 6 to 11 lbs a day, perhaps more…

Thank you very much and sorry for any possible english mistakes (english is not my native language and I try to communicate as well as I can :))

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a good spice grinder/mill?

I work in a masala store in Brazil and we want to buy a good professional grinder.

As far as I know, a good grinder doesn’t heat too much the spices, can produce coarse and fine ground material and doesn’t require to much rest time between uses.

We want a machine capable of producing 6 to 11 lbs a day, perhaps more…

Thank you very much and sorry for any possible english mistakes (english is not my native language and I try to communicate as well as I can :))

Most of us are home cooks and are unfamiliar with commercial type equipment. I have a small coffee grinder designated for spice grinding.

BTW, welcome to DC.

Welcome to DC! Home cook here too, and like Craig, I use a coffee grinder for spices. (Not for coffee though, ask me how I know.)

Maybe a food processor? Pulse, rather than blend.

Last edited:
Electric coffee grinder here, too. I bought one expressly for the purpose of grinding herbs and spices.

Between uses, I "clean" the grinder by whizzing some saltine crackers in it, then brushing it out with a long, narrow brush I keep just for that purpose.

Along with others, I am not familiar with commercial-grade grinders. One of our members who is a certified pro may come along and give you the best advice.

I use either a mortar and pestle, or a coffee grinder. Neither would be good for large quantities. I checked the AceMart restaurant supply website, and they show a Waring Professional Spice Grinder, which is a big brand, so it may be available in Brazil.

By the way, your written English is better than that of many Americans. ;)

CD

I use either a mortar and pestle, or a coffee grinder. Neither would be good for large quantities. I checked the AceMart restaurant supply website, and they show a Waring Professional Spice Grinder, which is a big brand, so it may be available in Brazil.

By the way, your written English is better than that of many Americans. ;)

CD

Thanks Caseydog, for the advice and for the compliment :)

We are considering a Waring Professional Spice Grinder.. I've heard it's a good brand.

Also, it'd be nice to able to buy the grinder here in Brazil. Although we're willing to import if necessary..

Thanks Caseydog, for the advice and for the compliment :)

We are considering a Waring Professional Spice Grinder.. I've heard it's a good brand.

Also, it'd be nice to able to buy the grinder here in Brazil. Although we're willing to import if necessary..

What is your single phase power supply at the outlets? 115/120V, 60Hz or 220V, 50Hz?

We use a vitamix in our kitchen to grind spices. This works good for large quantity. If there are other applications you can use it for it's a worthwhile investment.

Back
Top Bottom