I dislike my apple corer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I had to core 5 apples , what a pain it was using my apple corer ! There must be an easier way to core apples .

I gave up on the stupid contraption and just use a knife.
Never had one that worked.

The one that I bought from pampered chef works beautifully, but, it's a pain to clean up after.

2430_200.jpg

The best apple corer and shrimp peeler I ever had the luxury of "using" was a wonderful lady that helped me keep house in Cairo............Arsenia was amazing and would not let me clean up and prepare produce, peel shrimp, etc..........she didn't cook but she sure made it easy for me to do so by doing all the scut work........we both cried in each other's arms when I found that we had to leave after 6 years.........I miss her to this day.....

As for apple corers-------they work for awhile and then I'm back to peeling them myself "Where oh where is Arsenia?"

The one that I bought from pampered chef works beautifully, but, it's a pain to clean up after.

2430_200.jpg

I was wondering about the Pampered Chef apple corer/peeler. I've been invited to a Pampered Chef party. I'm not a fan of Pampered Chef. I prefer Tupperware 'cause I use their stuff more when it comes to these kitchen parties at home stuff. I do have a few Pampered Chef stuff...scrapers (favorites), mix & chop thing (my other favorite), adjustable measuring spoons, & a round stone (my least favorite that I rarely ever use).

Texasgirl, did you buy the little table too? If so, does it have some sort of non-slip things on the bottom to keep it from moving. I have considered buying the apple corer/peeler but wanted to know more about it first. I sure could have used it last month when I peeled & sliced 26 quarts of apples to freeze all by myself. If I was to buy it, I had thought about just buying it without the table.

Darlene

Texas Girl, if your kitchen table is thin enough to allow you to clamp the peeler directly to the table, you don't need the little wooden stand for the peeler.

I found that if I took a drawer out, I could clamp the peeler to my countertop.

There are also peelers with a big suction cup on the bottom--my mom has one of those, and it works quite well.

I peeled half a bushel of apples yesterday--took me about 15 minutes or so.

Every time I make apple pie I wish I had an apple corer. Maybe I will now pass on the idea of getting a simple one if they don't work, which seems to be the consensus.

Just use a knife. If it's sharp enough, you can just stab it down through four times, to take out a rectangular prism shaped chunk of apple!

Faster than a corer once you get into the rhythm!

Back
Top Bottom