I hate silicone...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Michael in FtW said:
Alix - talked to youngest son this afternoon and he said his WalMart carries the silicone pastry brushes - about $2.95 each.

Believe it or not, WalMart is a bit of a drive for me. :rolleyes: Aren't they supposed to be on every corner? Sheesh! Anyway, the next time I get to WalMart I am looking for some good ones. Thanks all!

Aren't those new potholders silicone? I have a few and love them once I got used to the feel. They're so versatile as trivets and even to help open those stubborn jar lids. Love my spatulas as well, especially for omlettes.

Yeah Clair. I have a few of those and I like them too, but sometimes I am not crazy about them. I like using them as trivets, but sometimes when I am using them as a potholder the heat will actually move throw and it gets a bit hot. This only happens if there is contact for a long time. The ones I have (just a flat square) can be a little difficult to grab things with sometimes too. Not bad enough that I don't like them, but just a little tricky at times.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom