Need Store in Ft Lauderdale Area To Get Cannoli Molds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I live in Broward county (Ft Lauderdale area) Florida and would like to know if anyone here is aware of a store near me that sells Cannoli tubes. I have searched online for pastry supplies, baking supplies, kitchen gadget stores..... etc etc etc. Its hard to beleive I cant locate a store that sells them ..... hopefully someone here can steer me to one. Otherwise... I will just order them online.... feel free to recommend a site for that too....LOL. Ive seen them on many sites... but I dont know if any site is better (best priced/decent quality) than another.

And .... do you prefer tinned or stainless molds? Seamed or seamless molds?? Large or small molds?? Those are the differences I have noticed in whats available. I was going to buy the small, seamless, stainless.... but if something else is recommended.... please let me know.

THANKS!!!

I am not a patient shopper. If I can't find something quickly at the local level, I order online.

I often start with google and check established sites like Amazon first.

Off the top of my head, I'd go with stainless over tinned for durability. SS would be dishwasher safe. Tube size is up to you. What size cannoli do you prefer?

If I were serving a dessert cannoli, i'd use the small tin, if savory a large one..I would go for something that was unseamed and of a material that would not rust if put away damp.
kadesma

Andy.... Im the same way. Thats why Im trying to see if anyone can recommend a local store. I already looked online and found several sites.... one of which was the one Chef Monkey recommended. I guess I will get the seamless, stainless, and both the large and small ones wherever I decide where to get them.

Too bad I cant change my thread title to say "Need store in Ft Lauderdale area to get Cannoli molds".......

I try to buy locally as much as I can.What I've found lately in my searches for kitchen accessories and such is outdated info.Businesses that once were locally are no longer in business.So it's buy online make the order good,I'm paying s&h anyways.

Munky.

Yeah its pretty bad. Beleive it or not... Bed, Bath, and Beyond says they carry them. Im going to check them out. If they dont have what I want Im just gonna order online. I really LOATHE driving all over the place from store to store looking for something I cant find. I hate shopping for anything actually. I locate what I want by searching online, go straight there, get in, get out.

Andy.... Im the same way. Thats why Im trying to see if anyone can recommend a local store. I already looked online and found several sites.... one of which was the one Chef Monkey recommended. I guess I will get the seamless, stainless, and both the large and small ones wherever I decide where to get them.

Too bad I cant change my thread title to say "Need store in Ft Lauderdale area to get Cannoli molds".......

I just went to google and did a search on 'bakery supply in ft. lauderdale area' and came up with THIS among others.

Yeah... I hesitantly started calling those.... because theres usually a language barrier around here and my lack of patience flares up. I called the three closest to me and none of those carry them.

Im out the door now.... to B,B&B. Lets see how lucky I get.........

I bought mine from a restaurant supply store. If you have one of those, they would probably carry them.

It has become an impossible task to get one locally. I tried calling around, was led on a wild goose chase....Bed Bath & Beyond, Whole Foods, Restaurant Depot, three different supply stores, almost went to a cooking school but I was fed up and on the wrong side of the road, one place no longer existed, Italian market didnt have it..... I even stopped and asked a man who had his private Bakery company sign on the door of his car....LOL!!! No luck. He only told me to try the places I had already tried.

I just placed my order online.... from KEREKES at www.bakedeco.com

I just ran into the same thing trying to get cooling racks for half sheet pans. I drove around looking for restaurant supply places in the area with no luck and decided to order online. The shipping charges probably are less than my gasoline and aggravation costs.

Back
Top Bottom