Waring Big Stik Immersion Blender

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justplainbill

Executive Chef
I've recently come by a Waring Big Stik immersion blender with a 12" shaft.
Any tips or recommendations on how and what to use it for would be greatly appreciated.
E.G., what's the minimum diameter and height of a container that can be used with such a blender to puree raw blueberries?
And what container materials are suitable for use with such a device?

Last edited:
Love mine (but probably not the same brand - no cord on mine) I uses it to puree soups, stuff on the stove, etc. Just make sure the blender is deeply enough into the food to cover the holes along the sides of the blades, else it will splash all over. Be cautious about hot stuff so that you don't get burned. Most of them are heat proof to a fairly high degree but I make sure the buner is off before I mix.

I use a blender like that to make applesauce, cranberry sauce, and blend soups. If it's a big soup, it takes a long time to blend.

I've recently come by a Waring Big Stik immersion blender with a 12" shaft.
Any tips or recommendations on how and what to use it for would be greatly appreciated.
E.G., what's the minimum diameter and height of a container that can be used with such a blender to puree raw blueberries?
And what container materials are suitable for use with such a device?

Isn't that a catering size blender?

Big Stik Immersion Blender - Heavy Duty - 12" Shaft - 1 HP Waring WSB50

In a 7" dia. by 4" high 3 quart saucepan, the minimum quantity that can be practically processed with the big stick is about 1 quart. In a smaller diameter and higher 3 quart pot it's possible that a somewhat smaller quantity would be the minimum quantity that can be processed.

Last edited:
I managed to use this tool to puree 4 pints of blueberries + 3/4 cup of brandy + 2 tbs of sugar, which when cooked down, was used to produce an excellent (to our taste) gallon of ice cream. The resulting ice cream, with and additional pint of whole blueberries contains about 2 teaspoons of cane sugar per 4 ounce serving. The next task for the big stik will be to make a couple gallons of tomato based spaghetti sauce.

Last edited:
Do you do a lot of large volume cooking that you have such a big stick blender?
Not being a fan of clean-ups, I prefer to make large batches of freezable, preferably in season, foods. As I indicated previously, ~ 1 quart is the minimum the big stik can process but it's nice to also be able to handle 10 or more quarts with a sturdy machine.

Back
Top Bottom