What one tool in your kitchen do you treasure the most?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are 3 "must have" tools in my kitchen. I call them my "holy trinity":

Kitchenaid model G mixer
Robot Coupe R2 food processor
Vita Mix 4000 blender

I don't mind washing dishes by hand but I do miss not having a kitchen window over the sink, and a windowsill cluttered with "stuff".

I think there is a big difference between must haves, can't live withouts and things you treasure.

For instance my knives are important to me, I value them as tools and think they are great.

I treasure my rolling pin. It was my gandmother's. I could live without it, I don't use it often but I do think of her when I use it.

Like I have said before, I do not want to spend my last days on earth cleaning. Paper Plates for me. And if I do have company coming, I can hide what ever is dirty in the oven.

Hiding in the oven doesn't work for me anymore, my Mom always looks now to see if I hid dirty dishes in there.:LOL:

Addie said:
Being only 4'8" tall, and living alone. I have everything down where I can reach it. I do have two stools. But there are cabinets that are empty and will stay that way. One is over the fridge and the other is over the stove and hood. Whoever designed these apartments didn't take into account that the elderly shrink when they get older. :ohmy:

I have this great 13" step stool that opens and closes with one hand and can fit in the space between my stove and cupboards. It is so easy a baby can do it. Literally. My 1 1/2 year old nephew was opening and closing it like a pro. So being just under 5' with a tiny kitchen where I have to store lots of things out of reach, that step stool is definitely up on the list!!

Otherwise, I love my calphalon knives, and my microplane, and my adjustable measuring spoon. Goes from 1/4 t, to 1 T. Love it!!

I have this great 13" step stool that opens and closes with one hand and can fit in the space between my stove and cupboards. It is so easy a baby can do it. Literally. My 1 1/2 year old nephew was opening and closing it like a pro. So being just under 5' with a tiny kitchen where I have to store lots of things out of reach, that step stool is definitely up on the list!!

Otherwise, I love my calphalon knives, and my microplane, and my adjustable measuring spoon. Goes from 1/4 t, to 1 T. Love it!!
I am also short and would love one of those step stools. Where did you get it?

msmofet said:
I am also short and would love one of those step stools. Where did you get it?

Well, I got it at TJ Max, and there is no brand name on it of any kind, so I have no clue where you would even look for it :/ Here's a pic.

image-460283477.jpg

You just pull up on the handle to fold flat, and it practically unfolds by itself when you set it down with one hand, and it clicks into place.

Right now is my 10" pepper grinder from chefs specialties natural maple.

In a few months I'm going to replace it with the one in the attached image.

Attachments

• tuscany10tm.jpg
    tuscany10tm.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 167
thinking about what i use the most. would you believe it is a spatula. it is a wedge shape no stick one. i realized i use it at least three or four times a day. the other would be my cast iron skillet.

I had a standard Thompson mill many years ago. Then found out the reason my stomach was in such an upset all the time was that pepper was irritating my innards. No more pepper for me. I miss it. :(

Back
Top Bottom