Another All Clad Sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RPCookin

Executive Chef
I just snagged this on the latest All Clad 2 day seconds sale.

grande_griddle_ha1_ns.jpg

URL is https://homeandcooksales.com/index.php/ and pass code is ALLCLADHOT.

I've purchased three items on their "seconds" sale, and all of them looked first quality to me. The last item came in standard retail packaging without any indication of it being a "second". I've already replaced all of the items that needed replacing, so no additional purchases for me at this point.

I was just throwing it out there since I got the email this morning. There is more available than the last couple of times I checked. I didn't need much either, but the griddle is needed for our camping trailer. :chef:

Some of those are such good deals I'm practically crying. Darn car repair.....although when I think of it, with the kind of cooking I do, getting All Clad for me is like getting a race car to just sit in commute traffic. I have to ask myself, "Why?"

Some of those are such good deals I'm practically crying. Darn car repair.....although when I think of it, with the kind of cooking I do, getting All Clad for me is like getting a race car to just sit in commute traffic. I have to ask myself, "Why?"

All Clad works for ALL types of cooking... :LOL:

Thanks for posting, I am drooling over the great price on a copper core chef's pan. I want one but just ordered a new toy this morning (I ordered kettlepizza).

But not for the type of cooking where you burn the grease into the pan! Nobody starts a neophyte rider out on an Olympic-bound horse. :ROFLMAO:

Good-quality tools always make a difference, but if you keep thinking about yourself like that, you will never get better. Now that you know you are using too high a temperature to preheat your pan, you can stop and your cooking will improve.

Last edited:
True. Of course, now that I think about it, isn't the copper like an Olympic bound horse?:LOL:

But here's what I need to figure out with my pans. How high is too high? My stove knob goes up to 7 and I am usually cooking on 3. Any lower, and I'm going to be simmering everything.

And what do I do about food that needs a high heat? Like searing steaks? And scrambled eggs? I love Julia Childs' method of making scrambled eggs and she starts them on a high heat.

Then there's all the stuff I make that goes into a 425° oven while it's still in the pan. That was my point in getting stainless steel in the first place, that I could take the pan from the stove and put it right in the oven.

I have done that with the copper and it seems to be all right. In fact, the only thing that makes my copper discolor is my stove and I think a lot of that is because of the electric coils.

By the way, the grease I burned into the pan? My pan was only on 3 when I did that. It did clean right out though with Bar Keeper's Friend.

Last edited:
Today I received the 20 x 13 griddle that I ordered last Tuesday. Looks perfect, came in the retail box, with the normal advertising paperwork enclosed. If there is a cosmetic defect, I can't find it. And the price is sure right - $99.95 on Amazon, $39.95 on the sale.

Congrats on that griddle Rick, it looks like a honey.

The one thing about it I'm questioning is why the unnecessary huge tall handles? For me, they would be a vertical storage problem.

Congrats on that griddle Rick, it looks like a honey.

The one thing about it I'm questioning is why the unnecessary huge tall handles? For me, they would be a vertical storage problem.

I like the tall handles for ease of handling - not too worried about storage. When we get our new hard side camping trailer, it will live there and do multiple duty as a griddle/frying pan/baking sheet. I can cook an entire breakfast of sausage and eggs on it all at the same time - or a half dozen pancakes or 4 slices of French toast. I can do a semi stir fry with peppers and onions and meat strips as long as it isn't too saucy - lots of possibilities.

I'm going to enjoy figuring out all of the uses I can put it to out in the woods. It's a perfect size to straddle 2 burners on the typical 3 burner stove that is common in campers.

Back
Top Bottom