Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's all y'all's fault that I have like 15 mini pies sitting in my kitchen.

Upside, they are just the right size to eat at the gym while running on the treadmill....

Well HEYYYY, HEYYYY, Bake Chef!

Awesome looking pies. Great job!

Your suits ready for pick up by 5pm Pacific time. After hours late fees can and will apply! Willing to settle for a Pecan pie. :LOL:
Welcome aboard!

Out and over... No wait! It's over and out :ROFLMAO:

Munky.

What shoes should I wear with that suit?

I've been playing with the pie machine today, and I'll be darned it IS a fun little gadget!

First I made apple pies

IMAG0301.jpg

And I had my doubts that pecan pie would cook in 10-11 minutes, but I was successful!

IMAG0302.jpg

With the apple pie, I made a filling by cooking the apples in a bit of butter, added sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch, cooked that until thick. Then a lightbulb went on and I remembered that I had some dolce de leche so I mixed that in too, the filling was great! I used homemade pie crust and it came out beautifully flaky.

For the pecan, I was just curious to see if it would work so I ran to the store and got some pillsbury pre-made crusts. I used the recipe on the Karo bottle. This made 11 mini pies. Each crust made 4 pies, and I gathered the scraps and rolled out 3 more. I may have gotten another crust if I had tried, there would have been enough filling for 1 more.

I liked the homemade crust best, it didn't brown as quickly and tastes a lot better, but the pre-made was easy to work with and quick.

Had to take pictures with my phone because all of my batteries are dead for my good camera.

I don't like Pillsbury crust. It has no flavor at all. I buy a Mexican one at my supermarket. :angel:

mini Blackberry Pies

Wish you were here to share these BlackBerry Pies. I thank someone here for the idea of using a small water bottle top to create a vent for the pies. I made the classic crisco crust (buttery) I forgot to put the parchment paper until halfway through baking but they came out fine. I used the comstock blackberry pie filling right from the can. Filled the pies nearly full. Baked for 17 minutes. Did someone say I can use pizza crust in here too? Uh oh. Mini deep dish pizza? Filled with cheese? Sausage? Pepperoni? Cheese? Wonderful cheese.

Attachments

• mini Blackberry Pies.jpg
    mini Blackberry Pies.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 61
  • BlackBerry Pies.jpg
    BlackBerry Pies.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 70
Now, what's the difference between Bakechef's $8.98 pie maker from Target and the $79.95 Breville from WS?

The pies all look lovely, BTW.

Now, what's the difference between Bakechef's $8.98 pie maker from Target and the $79.95 Breville from WS?

The pies all look lovely, BTW.

The WS costs more :rolleyes: but really. I don't know. Maybe the evenness of the heating? I've never seen another brand.

Last edited:
I would bet that the build quality of the breville is better, metal vs plastic. I will say, I've seen the breville in person and this has the same exact plates on it to form the pie, on the inside they look exactly the same. The browning seemed quite even from pie to pie.

The Breville must be LOTS better because I spent a lot more money for it!!! ;)

The Breville is much, much better because we paid the full MSRP for it. It's what happens when you MUST have the new toy before the prices start coming down. Even though we paid out the nose for it, it has earned it's keep.

I have to stick around the house for some repair guy to show up later . I am going to run up to the store early this AM for some fall apples and make apple pies today.

I know this is Heresy-- I almost put my Pie Maker in a cupboard when I pulled the AC's the other week, and it's cool enough to use the oven again. But then I thought I better keep it on the counter. It fits in right spiffy nice next to the microwave. It's so shiny. Like a Mercedes in the Kitchen.

PF, when Shrek makes crab rangoons, does he use egg roll wrappers and does he make them the regular way ("purse" shaped or folded) or does he do them pie shaped? And about how long does one bake wrappers.? thanks.

I hope Bake Chef, and anyone, posts recipes in the Mini Pie Recipe threads. I have all 3 Pie threads bookmarked.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f40/sweet-mini-pies-tips-ideas-and-recipes-79085.html

or

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f40/savory-mini-pies-tips-ideas-and-recipes-79084.html

This time Shrek got wonton wrappers. He will fold them into triangles and 2 will fit in each cup. He steams them instead of frying, they are so good. Takes about 12 minutes for them to steam.

Oops,, I meant wonton wrappers. I understand he's not frying them, this is good. Is Steaming them differernt than baking them? How do you steam in the pie maker? Just pop them in and close the lid?

maybe I haven't had enough morning coffee. Thanks,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom