Copper Cookware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have those pots from Rocky Mountain and they are the bargain of the century! excellent in every way. As the bottoms are hammered and not fully flat, these are best for gas ranges.

ref the stainless delaminating from the copper -

if the question is about pots/pans with a "copper core" - and such - yes that happens - I've got one of those . . .

there are major differences from triply/laminated bottoms/cores, etc and solid copper lined with stainless steel. they are not "the same"

I also have the solid copper (Bourgeat - the copper sheet is made by Falk, so I hear) - multiple pcs for pushing twenty years.

not a problem here, on gas, in fact have never heard anyone speak of solid copper delaminating from a stainless liner, and even reading thru some of the Chowhound stuff I did not find anyone actually having experienced delamination of solid copper - only some suppositions that it could happen.

I would agree. Copper is very ductile, and I would expect that it would stretch and shrink with the SS lining. Revere once made a sort of a hybrid line, copper and stainless, about half and half, and I have never heard of those delaminating. They must have sold millions.

I would agree. Copper is very ductile, and I would expect that it would stretch and shrink with the SS lining. Revere once made a sort of a hybrid line, copper and stainless, about half and half, and I have never heard of those delaminating. They must have sold millions.
My mom and I have had our Revere pots/pans for 20+ years .. still going great.

The wash copper bottom on standard Revere has little or no effect on cooking ability This is not laminated, but pure stainless.. Revere made a line, called the Signature line, that was a hybrid of copper and stainless around the 50's. While it does not behave like true copper, it is surprisingly good cookware and very attractive.. There is a lot of it around today, which speaks well for its longevity and popularity. The copper is an alloy much harder than pure copper.

Revere Signature.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 205
Just to clarify and agree, nothing on CH or that I've otherwise dug up indicts a pure copper + stainless combination. My delams were both pots that were chic and expansive a while back, but neither was solid copper; rather they were the "sandwich" tech that was (and still is, I suppose) popular not so long ago. That experience, however, convinced me of the wisdom of getting repairable goods, and the fix for damaged tin is at least straight-forward.

That said, I have to investigate inexpensive copper from Rocky Mountain!

Back
Top Bottom