"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 06-22-2006, 06:29 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Question German (Woll) cookware

Hi,

I'm a new member and want to introduce myself. I'm a retired RN, live in Denver, Colorado, USA, with my husband. I have 2 sons and 2 grandaughters.

I visited Germany several times over the last few years and bought several pieces of Woll Guss Proli pots and pans. it's expensive but worth it. My problem is you can't buy it in a retail store in Germany you have to go to "markets". The ones I went to were at US military bases there. I would love to find a US distributor for these pots, they are wonderful!!! Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Mskras

Old 06-22-2006, 06:49 PM   #2
Executive Chef

Here is their web site maybe they can help you.

http://www.woll-cookware.com/

Old 06-22-2006, 06:53 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Check out Ebay they have them in Austrailia
http://http://home.search.ebay.com/w...ofocusZunknown
Old 06-23-2006, 11:53 AM   #4
Assistant Cook

Smile german cookware

Thank you so much for the website address for Woll cookware! I emailed them in hopes I can order online since there are no distributors in the US.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:31 PM   #5
Assistant Cook

Smile german cookware

I have not been able to find a way to buy the Woll cookware in the US. They have no distributors here and don't sell online. The Australia website is great but it costs too much for shipping! I am planning to go to Germany in Feb for the "Fair" in Frankfurt. Thanks for the website address!
Old 07-29-2006, 04:12 PM   #6
Executive Chef

Have a good time there I was raised in germany as a kid.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:22 PM   #7
Assistant Cook

Smile germany

Of all the places I have been I would choose Germany to live. Not only is it beautiful, there is a real sense of family. Their laws make it possible for families to have at least one day a week together!! I like the way they drive over there too, no road rage!! It's much too hot during the summer, they haven't discovered a/c there yet!! LOL!! I go at least once a year and try to go when there are markets and/or fairs.

Thanks for all your help!!

Linda
Old 07-30-2006, 01:18 AM   #8
Master Chef

We've had several people looking for Woll cookware (going back as far as 2003) ... and apparently there is not a US distributor. And, as you noted, it doesn't seem to be sold in department stores - just by the distributor who puts on product demonstrations at such venues as markets, fairs, home shows, etc. - similar to the way Tupperware used to only sell their products through their representatives who put on "Tupperware Parties".

The Woll homepage that jpmcgrew listed might help (I don't speak or read German so I don't know what it says). The nearest distributor to Denver that I could find is PPL in England ... shipping would have to be cheaper than from Australia. They have several items listed online ... and you can always click on that "Contact" tab at the top of the page if you wanted more information.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:27 AM   #9
Master Chef

hey, Linda, you can definetely find a/c's in Gemany... but you are right, not very often in private houses... but usually it's not that warm in Germany, or better said, it wasn't that warm in the past ;o)
last three years seemed to be a bit different..

and you should ask German people about there country, and most will tell you it's not a bit worth living in.. sometimes it looks, as if they just have to complain about something..

have you been to Hannover yet?

and do you still need help with woll or will you wait until you get to germany?
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:40 PM   #10
Assistant Cook

Smile german cookware

Thanks Cara and Michael!!

I would still like to find some way to buy the cookware online from Woll or at fairs or markets in the States but it's not to be right now.

Michael, the Woll website is in English, it's very easy to navigate, you just can't buy anything!!

I am planning to go to Germany in Feb. to go to the "Fair' in Frankfurt. Hopefully my cousin, who lives in Weisbaden will still be there, if not, I'm not going to be able to go.

Cara, no, I haven't been to Hannover, that is for the next visit!! I usually go to Poland when I'm there, the Polish pottery is wonderful, I don't have much more to get to make my collection complete. We usually take a trip to somewhere in Europe when I go but haven't seen the whole country of
Germany yet. There is so much to see in Europe that I can't get it all in!!

Thanks for all your input!!

Linda