Kitchen Aid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Romany123

Senior Cook
There must be an answer to this.
On my Kitchen Aid there is a stainless steel rod between the top and bottom half of the the mixer that keeps coming loose. I have to keep inverting the machine and tightening the screw that holds it in place.:wacko:
What can I do to prevent this from happening?

If you want to fix it yourself...

You can put a dab of anerobic glue called loctite. Loctite comes in different strengths. You probably want to use a weaker one. Or maybe put a lock washer on before the nut. Or in a pinch, a REALLY REALLY SMALL dab of nail polish on the threads AFTER putting on the nut. (drop half on nut, half on thread.) Use the pointed side of a toothpick to apply.

Thanks for that
I did think of loctite, but put of using it as I am sure there must be a better way. There must be thousands and thousands of Kitchen Aids out there, Do they all have the same problem???
The washer Idea is a good one, but there is no head on the screw.
I appreciate your impute.

Romany123 said:
There must be an answer to this.
On my Kitchen Aid there is a stainless steel rod between the top and bottom half of the the mixer that keeps coming loose. I have to keep inverting the machine and tightening the screw that holds it in place.:wacko:
What can I do to prevent this from happening?

I need to go look at mine because I am not visualizing this piece. Obviously I have never had your problem or I would know! ;o) Does this rod run vertically or horizontally?
You might call a KA service center and ask them what to do.

Going down to look. What model is yours? If it is what I am thinking about mine sometimes works out a bit--it is free floating, not screwed. anyway, I'll be back.

cjs said:
Have never had that problem Dave, and I hope you have not put a hex on us by telling us about it... ;) (good luck with a solution, tho)

na wouldent do that to you Jean. :rolleyes:

Gretchen

Its a KitchenAid Artisan

Dave, is your KA one with the bowl that lifts up and down? or the kind that screws into the base? I don't know that I [have that rod on mine! I have the kind that goes up and down... have had it for more than 20 years, and have never had one bit of problem with it. (Knock wood! :rolleyes: )

Hi June

the kind that screws into the base.
If you remember I got it about this time last year :)
You where right it is an amazing mixer (except for the bar that keeps working loose)
I will probably ring their help line later

I have the same problem with the KA. Mine is free floating, has no threads, is just a smooth round bar that moves around:wacko:. I just keep an eye on it and whack it around if it gets too far out of line. So lock-tite is not a solution for me. Please post a response if you give them a ring:rolleyes:.

Well, I took a look and although mine is a lot older than yours I am sure we are talking about the same thing. This is a piece of metal about 1/2" in diameter (maybe not quite that big) with smooth ends--right? I turned mine over and indeed there is a screw in there that I have never touched nor knew was there for the 40 years I have had this!!
Mine will wiggle out a bit from time to time but I have always just bonked it back in with a hammer! You can lift up a bit on the mixer head to take some of the weight off of it when you "bonk" it, if you want.
If this is what you are talking about I honestly do not think it is a problem--or I can say, I have never considered it to be a problem. ;o)

Andy M. said:
Now I have a sudden urge to go turn my KA mixer upside down.

hahah
I can see you all heading for the kitchen to turn your KA's on their heads.

Yes it is that screw, I tighten it up and it lasts about a week before it starts to come loose again. As I use it every day for making bread it becomes a nuisance

Romany123 said:
hahah
I can see you all heading for the kitchen to turn your KA's on their heads.

Will someone please snap apic of this piece and post it? I am at work and cannot get to my mixer!

Vag
That bad hu. :)

June I had a word with KA this morning, and they said they would take it back and fix it. I just need to get the paperwork together.
Trouble is, you know what we have been doing here at "Shambles" it is just a case of finding the right box :pig:

I thought I had the only KA that does that. The rod comes loose alot and I am always checking on it and putting it back in. What will they do to fix it, and do you have to mail it back to them?

Back
Top Bottom