Pre-seasoned cast iron?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nor have I -- What Lodge is doing with their Pro-Logic line of products is to give the consumer a head start by doing the initial ("pre-seasoned") seasoning of the pans etc. so they can truly be used right from the start. It is a marketing strategy to help eliminate fears of consumers (first time buyers) who seem to be intimidated, don't understand, confused etc, about the seasoning process. Are the pans perfectly seasoned? NO! That takes a lot of time, and use with proper care to achieve. While the Pro-Logic line can be used right "out of the box" I personally suggest putting the pans through a seasoning process in the home before use. It want hurt the pans -- It can only help move the process forward.

Enjoy!

Ah. This was a non-label, "Target" brand CI pan so I was doubtful. Fortunately I have some bacon in the fridge patiently waiting to be cooked up, too :) I have some canola oil around, I think, so I can use that to give it an extra seasoning before using. Thanks for that reccomendation btw everyone - I had a can of crisco that I made a pie crust with recently and then after the fact read the label and threw it away. Very glad I don't have to buy more now... haha... ick.

Thanks so much you guys :)

Back
Top Bottom