"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware
Click Here to Login
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2013, 09:52 PM   #11
Assistant Cook
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hesperia CA
Posts: 5
After doing a little research, I think it is a pan called a saj, or a tawa or a tava. All are large pans used to cook flatbreads like pita, markook, pita, roti, chapati, or naan. The pan is placed over a heat source, dome side up, and the bread is cooked on the outside of the pan.

deserdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:34 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire
buckytom's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: My mountain
Posts: 20,486
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
the very top of a flying saucer?

i wonder if it is used for making some kind of flat bread like lavash?

booyah! who da man!!!!


i get lucky here and there.

don't tell my wife...

"Thunderbolt and lightening,
very, very frightening me!" Galileo
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.