What quenches your thirst?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Water always water. Unless I am having morning coffee or dinner cocktail/wine, it's water.

Water does the trick for me - except for in the middle of the night! For some reason if I wake up thirsty and have water, I'm not satiated. I've never craved KFC cole slaw (lol), but i used to crave milk... havent had that urge since switching to soy milk though.

After having my kidney transplant a year ago, I was constantly craving milk as I was very low on calcium. Even with calcium supplements, I was drinking between two and three litres of milk a day (plus at least one litre of water). It has only been in the past couple of months that my milk consumption is reverting to under a litre a day but still have the supplements.

Water with a squeeze of fresh lemon. Yum!
When I went to lunch today, I ordered a Citron Presse (which is a bottled drink from Margaret River) but it turned out that "they" make their version on site. I use "they" looseley as it is really DIY. A glass of soda water with lots of ice and a piece of lemon is served to you with two shot glasses, one with fresh lemon juice and one with sugar syrup and you make it to taste. I used all of the lemon and just a few drops of the syrup - just enough to reduce the tart flavour without losing it entirely. It was very refreshing, much more so than just the straight lemon and soda water. Been toying with the idea of making a batch of sugar syrup up ever since I got home!!! (Oh and it was much nicer than the MR bottled stuff.)

I just happen to have picked up one the other day - I was planning on showing my lemon tree what it is meant to do with the flowers it half-heartedly puts out. Tried showing the cherry stick a couple of cherries a couple of weeks ago and it has at least put some leaves on now....

suziquzie said:
Hey I just made it to Sous Chef!
Congratulations!! Now you only have to post another 500 posts and you become an Executive Chef! I found that a bit depressing when I hit "sous"...

Luckily (!), I "talk" a lot!!! ROFL

A cup of green tea with a hint of jasmine does the trick every time for me but it has to be ASDA brand, cant stand any others!

i'm an iced tea guy. i drink about a gallon every few days even in the winter.

i also like gatorade (orange or green) if i'm really dehydrated.

oddly enough, sometimes when i'm thirsty, i crave ice cold milk or oj, or silk brand chocolate soy "milk".

does anyone else like watered down drinks when they're thirsty? i like to take a bottle of iced tea, snapple or nestea for instance, and add about a third more cold water. sorta like how gatorade tastes like watered down orange drink. full strength tastes like concentrate to me. same goes for other "bug" juices.

Hey BuckyTom... I could definitely relate to you with that. Sometimes I want something more than water, but some of these drinks on the market are too sweet for me. I work for Snapple and promote their new Antioxidant Water. I just love the Grape Pomegranate . It has a light flavor and isn't too overpowering. Hopefully this helps you out!

Last edited:
i drink water when i am parched. i keep bottles of water in fridg. drink it all day long.

in summer when it is very hot , i will drink a beer with a squezze of lime.

sometimes only very cold chocolate milk will do the trick

babe:):):)

In order:
Ice water, Ice Green Tea with Citrus, Raspberry Ice Tea, Sweetened Ice Tea, Southern Sweet Tea, and cold milk.

And like Babe, I keep a gallon jug of water in the fridge at all times, although now I have a new fridge with the water and ice dispenser on the front. In the summer there is always a jug of sun tea in the fridge as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom