"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Knives
Old 01-05-2008, 07:01 PM   #11
Assistant Cook

On further use the balance is bad, blades blunt quikly, the'ping' when you tap them on the side, the ham slicer which is flexible has bent without use...

The steel is awful... steer clear by all means. Clearly my uncle was mugged off, but i dont have the heart to even think of telling him! 200 could have bought a full set of victorinox knives (which i now use) and still would have left me with plenty of change!

I reccomend victorinox all day long - wel priced, well balanced, great grip, superb range, the edge stays sarp for a very long time and are very easy to sharpen. 10/10 imo :)

So frustrating to think how 200 could have been so much better spent :(

chef_william is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:05 PM   #12
Head Chef
That sucks! I hate to see anyone get scammed. I wouldn't have the heart to tell him, either. Just keep 'em in a drawer and take them out when he comes over.

I'm not sure what the prices are like in England but here in the US you could have bought Wusthofs or Henckels for that price! Or as you said, a lot of Fibrox knifes. The Victorinox Forshcner Fibrox line is one of the great bargains of the cutler world. A local shop here sells the 8" Fibrox chef knife for $20. There isn't much competition at that price.

If we're not supposed to eat animals, then how come they're made out of meat?
Rob Babcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:42 PM   #13
Senior Cook
Send a message via MSN to wysiwyg
chef william and sleeky,
Sorry to hear that, It is a real shame. Perhaps reporting the issue to the authorities will help catch the scammer. Same as chef william, I recommend Victorinox knives.
For the price and quality, they are a bargain.
"Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are" Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:54 AM   #14
Assistant Cook
IF they are genuine, then they are brilliant knives and pans, I have a set of pans cant afford the knoves yet though., I need a book if any one has one, the manual that comes with the pans.

ballyrisode is offline   Reply With Quote