ISO pineapple habanero salsa recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

billmac

Assistant Cook
I know I can simply mix pineapple and chopped habaneros, but I'd like something suitable for canning, and I don't know if the chemistry is right. Does anyone make anything like this? Additional ingredients?
(I'll probably used canned crushed pineapple)

Thanks

No but I'm gonna make pineapple habernero hot sauce this weekend, using the Inner Beauty recipe and subbing p-apple for the mango.

If you go to Pepperfool.com you will find loads of salsa recipes.

billmac said:
I know I can simply mix pineapple and chopped habaneros, but I'd like something suitable for canning, ?
(I'll probably used canned crushed pineapple)
Thanks

Firstly, I'd try and use FRESH pineapple. Canned, crushed pineapple has had the bejeezus cooked out of it, and will not taste so good.

Secondly, habaneros ( in case you didn't know; you might be a chillihead, in which case you WILL know) are fiercely hot. They are about 5 times hotter than a jalapeño. If you eat a raw habanero, you will probably burn your lips. If you use a Red Savina, it could be up to 20 times hotter than a Jalapeño.

Recipe? OK - here's a violently hot Pineapple Chutney sauce:

1 large pineapple ( about 1.5 - 2 kgs), finely diced
10 cloves garlic
4 fresh habaneros, de-seeded and chopped
250 mls wine vinegar
750 gms white sugar
1 tsp crushed black pepper
1 tsp salt

Add all the ingredients together in a large pot - preferably stainless steel. Cook together for about 45 mins - 1 hr. Bottle whilst still hot and waterbath fro 20 minutes.

I made Inner Beauty hot sauce over the weekend using this recipe subbing fresh pineapple for mango.

It was delecious and tasted very close to the original, which isn't made anymore.

jennyema said:
I made Inner Beauty hot sauce over the weekend using this recipe subbing fresh pineapple for mango.

It was delecious and tasted very close to the original, which isn't made anymore.

I never had the privilege of tasting the original; it sounds right up my street!

However, I'd concur with the "Caribbean Hot Sauce" concept which includes hot, hot, hot peppers, fruit, mustard and vinegar.

In fact I have some Guayanese hot sauce which could well fit that description...!

Back
Top Bottom