What are you eating Tuesday 2/19/2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
National Tug of War Day – February 19, 2019

Tacos are planned for today.

Linguisa and onion sandwiches on toasted, garlic ciabatta rolls..

The kiss goodnight will be on the top of the head.. :LOL: :ermm:

Chocolate cake for later..

Ross

Ross, I never thought to put Portuguese Sausage aka Linguisa in a sandwich before! Thanks, although I only have ONE left and they are like gold `round these parts. Hopefully, we're going down into the "Big City" next week Monday and do some shoppin' :w00t2::clap:

56875-albums1036-picture7838.jpg

[file photo-I made this plate back in the late Summer]

Weather permitting, this is what we will be having this evening.
Grilled New York Strip and vegies off the frill as well.
So long as the snow doesn't start back up again, we're good.
But then I've been known to grill in the snow and rain too, so ...

Last edited:
Ross, I never thought to put Portuguese Sausage aka Linguisa in a sandwich before! Thanks, although I only have ONE left and they are like gold `round these parts. Hopefully, we're going down into the "Big City" next week Monday and do some shoppin' :w00t2::clap:

Oh yeah... :yum:

Back in our party days, my first wife and I swore by linguisa sandwiches as a hangover cure.. ;):rolleyes::ermm:

Ross

Pretty simple tonight.

We had baked orange roughy in butter, olive oil and garlic. Had steamed asparagus as our side. Drizzled some of the butter/olive oil/garlic sauce from the fish over the asparagus.

So good we are considering having it again really, really soon.

I found some nice yellow squash at the dollar store today, so after sharing them with neighbors I made my Summer Squash Casserole to serve with some pan grilled swordfish steaks from TJ's, and made pineapple salsa to top them. Lot's of yellow.

DH made "Pork Chops with Sweet-and-Sour Cider Glaze" and "Zucchini and Yellow Squash with Mustard Seeds". The pork chop recipe called for mustard seeds also. Everything went together very nicely. The cider glaze tasted good over Basmati rice.

I found some nice yellow squash at the dollar store today, so after sharing them with neighbors I made my Summer Squash Casserole to serve with some pan grilled swordfish steaks from TJ's, and made pineapple salsa to top them. Lot's of yellow.

Music to my ears when I hear Souschef say, "Well KL, you outdid yourself again." :wub:

Attachments

• P2190018[1].jpg
    P2190018[1].jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 126
Looks good, Kay! I had some broccoli cheese soup and a hb egg.

I went to a jewelry makeover class tonight and learned how to take old jewelry and turn it into something new. It was great fun. Before I left, I made a tortilla pizza with homemade pizza sauce for my dinner. DH had split pea soup I made last week.

I headed one town west to hit the grocery store with a wide variety of veggies (and the best price on Smucker's Natural peanut butter :yum: ) and to stop at a gas station with the lowest price. Somewhere along that route is our favorite little Thai restaurant. Haven't been there for about two years, but when I was standing at the counter the owner walked past me on the way out and said "hey, hi Ohio!". :LOL: When we eat there, Himself is usually wearing an Ohio State U. jacket. I was flying solo in a plain jacket tonight. What a memory!

I got a tub of Tom Kha Kai for Himself, a Glass Noodle soup for me. We shared orders of Pad Thai and Delight of Two (chicken and shrimp with veggies and sauce). Leftovers for snacking.

I used some leftover pork roast from last night, and some dli ham and Swiss I had in the fridge to make a cuban sandwich. The only thing I didn't have was the rolls, but I need a few other staple items, so the trip to the store was worth it.

CD

Attachments

• Cuban2-19-001.jpg
    Cuban2-19-001.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 107
Back
Top Bottom