What to do with avocado oil?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Linda0818

Head Chef
I bought a bottle of avocado oil recently, but I've never used it before and really have no idea what I'm supposed to do with it.

Do any of you use avocado oil and what do you use it for? I tasted the oil directly and I'm not sure I really like the flavor, which has stalled me a little bit when it comes to actually using it in anything.

I bought a bottle of avocado oil recently, but I've never used it before and really have no idea what I'm supposed to do with it.

Do any of you use avocado oil and what do you use it for? I tasted the oil directly and I'm not sure I really like the flavor, which has stalled me a little bit when it comes to actually using it in anything.

Hi, Linda. I recently finished off a bottle of avocado oil (I don't remember the brand) and pretty much used it the same way I would any other oil. It has a high smoke point which is a good thing - I don't fry often, but I used it for frying up corn tortillas for huevos rancheros and nachos. I didn't notice any difference in taste in the final product.

I've also used it for oil and vinegar dressings for salads, using it the same way I would use olive oil for salad dressings.

I've also heard that it's a good for a facial :ermm:, but I've never tried that. :LOL:

Last edited:
Lubricate a squeaky avocado?

:LOL:

Hi, Linda. I recently finished off a bottle of avocado oil (I don't remember the brand) and pretty much used it the same way I would any other oil. It has a high smoke point which is a good thing - I don't fry often, but I used it for frying up corn tortillas for huevos rancheros and nachos. I didn't notice any difference in taste in the final product.

I've also used it for oil and vinegar dressings for salads, using it the same way I would use olive oil for salad dressings.

I've also heard that it's a good for a facial :ermm:, but I've never tried that. :LOL:

Thanks for the tips. I like the idea of the facial ;)

I agree with Cheryl on this....high heat oil (500 degree smoking point) good for seasoning Cast Iron and I use it to Blacken fish etc. .

Back
Top Bottom