Dinner for Tuesday, first day of October...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepperhead212

Executive Chef
...and several days after, as well!

I haven't made it yet, but I got a craving for Thai food when I was trimming those kaffir lime trees (it will soon be time to bring them inside), and that aroma is stuck to me! I'll have to make a Thai curry, to use up a bunch of those veggies - some bottle gourd, onions, beans, okra, eggplant, some chard stems I saved, and a small amount of bitter melon, to replace the pea eggplants. I'll see how much I have, and maybe add some chicken. I'll post again, when I've made it.

Last edited:
I was expecting cooler weather so, I planned on meatloaf, mashed w/gravy, green beans and a green salad..

Well... Its 90 again so we settled for a salami/cheese plate with other cooling goodies..

Apple strudel for later..

Ross

Well, we got that cooler weather so dinner tonight will be meatloaf (my own middle eastern blend of beef, lamb and seasonings) baked potatoes and green beans.

Taco Soup made with extra chicken I cooked for yesterday's enchiladas + the broth it was cooked in. While this in itself is not really using leftovers, there is enough soup now for several more meals. Win- win?

Fresh picked fall raspberries on ice cream for laters.

A lounge night - to watch the Brewers-Nationals N.L. wild card game.
I'm hoping this takes Milwaukee on to bigger & better things in the playoffs.

So just toasted bagels with cream cheese, lox, capers, thin onion slivers, ground back pepper and lemon juice.

Last edited:
I made mixed greens salads with prociutto, roasted pear, and chopped pistachios. Followed that up with homemade crab cakes and remoulade sauce, and crashed potatoes.
IMG_20191001_200836238.jpg

Here's that delicious Thai curry that I made. The lady I shared it with had never had one before, and immediately wanted to know how to make it - since it looked so easy, maybe even she could make it! lol After I showed her the recipe for just the curry paste, she decided to keep letting me make it.
Thai red curry, with okra, eggplant, bottle gourd, poblanos, onions, chard stems, long beans, bitter melon, and chicken. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished Thai red curry, served on a mix of millet and jasmine rice. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I did a killer pizza tonight with bell pepper/salami/red onion/grape tomatoes and a ton of cheese. I really have the time/temp down right for the perfect crispy crust.

The bad news is my stone broke after removing it from the oven with the cradle. Don't have a clue why, but I ordered another thicker one from Amazon.

Pulled a bag of posole rojo out of the deep freezer. Served with tortillas.

Last night's dinner was Italian sausage, green, red & yellow bell peppers, onion, brown cherry tomatoes and mini penne pasta. Topped with fresh grated cheese.

pasta_sausage_peppers_100119_IMG_6297.jpg

Back
Top Bottom