What's Cookin' Xmas Eve Eve??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Beef Franks & Sauerkraut, Garlic Mash with Creamed Corn 'Gravy', Tomatoes with Okra and Chillies...

Franks & Kraut.jpg

Grilled lamb chops, roasted tricolor new potatoes and sauteed spinach.

Attachments

• 2019-12-23 18.11.07.jpg
    2019-12-23 18.11.07.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 108
Angel hair pasta with tomato sauce topped with grated Parmesan Reggiano & Pecorino Romano cheeses.

We bought a package from Omaha Steaks for my FIL for Christmas and DH ordered some bacon-wrapped filet mignon for us. We're having those tonight, with mashed potatoes and braised green beans.

I froze some of the Tuscan Pork Stew I made recently, so that's what's for dinner tonight.
I'm tuckered out from preparing both Eve and Day dinners for company this year. There are only 5 on the guest list for each dinner, so that's doable. When I think of what I used to do for 12-24 people, this is a joyful pleasure and not a chore.

We had store bought tortellini with pasta sauce and a green salad with Ranchoid dressing. Parm for grating at the table.

In Denmark, tonight is called "Lillejuleaften" = "Little Christmas Eve".

Last edited:
We were tired and hungry after last minute Christmas shopping, so we stopped at a local burger joint. And by "local", I mean you almost meet your burger while still on the hoof! While I'm not a fan of thin cut French fries, I did like their skinny fries, since the crispy ones reminded me of the potato stix you could buy in a can. Good for one time.
IMG_20191223_203457113.jpg

I've never made bacon-wrapped filet mignon before and was a little nervous about overcooking it. Turned out great.
View attachment 37945

They look perfect GG, and I'm somewhat of an expert on cooking bacon-wrapped filet mignon, she said modestly. ;)
For the future, they are quite easy to prepare at home by securing the strip of bacon with a silicone band. Yumm Yumm...:yum:

By the way, we like to cut ours in half as you've done, and lay the halves flat side down. By doing that, you get a little bite of bacon with each bite of meat. That dinner is just about my all time favorite.

Back
Top Bottom