Question about Chicken Parmesan recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ps8

Senior Cook
I came across your Chicken Parmesan recipe on a thread from back in December and it looks very good. I hope you know the one I'm talking about because I have a few questions about it. How is hungarian paprika different than the kind that's simply labeled paprika? Is parmasan reggiano different than regular parmesan cheese? What is evoo? How much butter and evoo do you add? (I don't need an exact amount, just an idea) Do you bake it at 350? OK, it was a LOT of questions...sorry! I don't want to mess it up when I try it out. Thanks for your help!

ps8 said:
I came across your Chicken Parmesan recipe on a thread from back in December and it looks very good. I hope you know the one I'm talking about because I have a few questions about it. How is hungarian paprika different than the kind that's simply labeled paprika? Is parmasan reggiano different than regular parmesan cheese? What is evoo? How much butter and evoo do you add? (I don't need an exact amount, just an idea) Do you bake it at 350? OK, it was a LOT of questions...sorry! I don't want to mess it up when I try it out. Thanks for your help!

Thanks ps8, hope you like it. Yes I remember because I only have one recipe for it which I occasionally alter with a different herb. Hungarian paprika is not as harsh or bitter as the regular, but any one will do. I usually find it at Cost Plus. Parmasan reggiano, IMHO, is the best parmasan around, comes from Italy and is in a chunk you grate yourself. When you ask about regular parmasan, if you are talking about the pre-ground stuff in the green can, it tastes like sawdust by comparison, but a lot of people like it. EVOO is extra virgin olive oil. Yes 350-375 depending on how hot your oven is. In a regular oven rahter than my toaster oven, I have used 400 but I had to lower it for my toaster oven because it browned before it was done. As to the amount, when I am fixing one chicken breast (a half breast) about a teaspoon each of butter and olive oil. Happy to answer your questions. Would rather answer than have you ruin your dinner. Let me know how it comes out.

Thanks! I will probably try it out in the next week or so. I'll let you know how I do with it.

Parmigiano-Reggiano IS the best parmesan, but others will work just as well. If you want something a little cheaper try grana Padano. As far as a decent domestic Parmesan look for DiGiorno (and grate it yourself).

Is Parmigiano-Reggiano sold at regular grocery stores like Tom Thumb?

I am not familiar with Tom Thumb stores, but my local grocery store (Stop and Shop) carries parm regiano. The words Parmigiano Reggiano will be stamped on the rind of the cheese if it is real, but at my local store not every piece has the rind on it. Ask someone at the cheese counter (if there is someone to ask) or ask someone who works there so that you are sure you are getting the real stuff. It is well worth it.

ps8 said:
Is Parmigiano-Reggiano sold at regular grocery stores like Tom Thumb?

I am not familiar with Tom Thumb, but it is available at Trader Joe's, Costco, and sometimes in the other national stores, but usually in the gourmet cheese section which is chilled, not on a shelf.

Back
Top Bottom