How do you like to drink coffee?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How do you like your coffee?

• Total voters
the only coffee i will drink is espresso, with a side of gran marnier, pear grappa, anisette, or sambuca. i abhor the smell of regular coffee, especially if it has cream in it. that stems from when i was young, my brother would hold me down and breathe morning/coffee breath in my face. now, when i smell coffee, i also subconsciously smell bad breath.

I love a 12oz latte with dense foam and a shot of coconut syrup of course when I get one of these I have to have a macaroon to match (my bakery makes the bestest macaroons ever!) :)

Coffee with vanilla cream at home.
Tall white mocha on cold mornings at Starbucks.
Brownie frapp. on hot afternoons at Starbucks.
Ice tea at home on hot afternoons.

buckytom said:
the only coffee i will drink is espresso, with a side of gran marnier, pear grappa, anisette, or sambuca. i abhor the smell of regular coffee, especially if it has cream in it. that stems from when i was young, my brother would hold me down and breathe morning/coffee breath in my face. now, when i smell coffee, i also subconsciously smell bad breath.

bucky, that would be gross. You are right coffee breath does not smell that great. That is why I keep a toothbrush and toothpaste at work. :)

Sometimes black, sometimes with a milk... It depends... Now, I need black and also soft one for my mum to calm down her about my messy rooms :) She likes soft one :)

I drink plain coffee with a bit of 1% milk.
When I go to Starbucks, I still get brewed coffee with non-fat milk.
(Talk about boring!)

buckytom said:

Wow! How many cups of coffee with the "sides" do you drink in the morning? I bet you have a great time at work, Buck! :LOL: Everyone at work used to complain about the strong coffee that I make every morning but since I'm the only one who will brew it, I told everyone to shut up and deal with it (in a nice way, of course.) No one complains anymore! :mrgreen:

I haven't been drinking coffee since I got pregnant, really, but when I do I either have a cafe au lait or drink just plain, black coffee. When it's really hot I'll make an iced coffee with milk and splenda.

well ya see I had this swedish mama, so I was like raised on coffee. No chocolate milk in my house, only coffee milk (a weak au lait). So my coffee tastes were in place early. I like Columbian dark roast, classically made: 1 scoop (1/8 cup) per cup of coffee (6 oz water) filter brewed or french pressed. Black...no additives. Save the left over for Iced later inthe day. When I want a milkshake, I go for a Starbucks non-fat Iced mocha. yum. And yes red eye gray is made with coffee! (and salty counjtry ham, not this water added city stuff lol, in a cast iron pan please!)

i absolutely adore the flavor of coffee, but i would not drink coffee for anything right now because i hate caffeine, but in high school and for a little while after that i LOVED drinking my coffee! i brewed it strong as it could get and drank it either black or with skim milk, sugar, and hershey's chocolate syrup. (till my Parents forbade me to buy or consume any low-cal food under any circumstances and started pouring my fat-free milk down the drain and tried mixing it with high-fat milk without my noticing:-p ['course i noticed, lol.]) okay, off on a rant, there, sorry!.....

Last edited:
callie said:
my favorite is French Market coffee (with chicory)
Callie,
Cafe Du Monde by any chance? I'just started using it and I love it.
kadesma:)

the brand is actually "French Market." Does Cafe du Monde have chicory in it? I think that's why I like it so much. My second favorite brand is Community Coffee (they have several varieties). I can't buy it around here, though. Have to order online.

callie said:
the brand is actually "French Market." Does Cafe du Monde have chicory in it? I think that's why I like it so much. My second favorite brand is Community Coffee (they have several varieties). I can't buy it around here, though. Have to order online.
This is an orange can with brown writing it say's original French Market Coffee Stand Cafe Du Monde, coffee and chicory...I love it too. My dad told me during the war (WW2) that all coffee was just chicory and bitter as gall, but I like the flavor..
kadesma:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom