ISO Old Chicago Pepperoni Roll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shannon in KS

Cooking Links Contest Winner
My boyfriend loves these! A friend tried to recreate them, and flopped, and asked me if I knew how. Unfortunately, I have never tried them, but am told it contains pepperoni, cheese, ranch dressing and green onions.... Any suggestions? :wacko:

Hi Shannon,

I've never been to an Old Chicago restaurant, but I googled and came up with this link to a guy's page that is all about "pepperoni sausage rolls" http://www.fscwv.edu/users/rheffner/pepperoniroll/index.htm

What sort of bread/pastry is the roll? Is it more of a bun/bread roll or like a sausage roll pastry? I've had pigs-in-a-blancket that were made with store bought cressant role pastry and were quite good, might something like that work? Or perhaps some pizza dough like a calzone?

The websites I have seen state it is a "yeasty" dough... The dough is rolled into a rectangle, toppings put on, then rolled up and cut like cinnamon rolls and baked. Thanks for the website, I will have to check it out! Thank you sooo much for the help!

Hi Shannon, don't mention it, we are all here to help one another! :)

Your post got me curious so I went to the offical Old Chicago's restaurant site and they this is what they list in their rolls, "Sicilian Pepperoni Rolls:Our signature starter! Pizza dough rolled and baked with pepperoni, green onions, ranch dressing, Pepper Jack and Mozzarella. Served with our homemade pizza sauce."

So I would make them at home with pizza dough too, and see how that works. I'd probably go with one like the thin crust recipe I use as it doesn't require a lot of yeast rising time.

Thanks for the tip, I will have to so some experimenting with those ingredients :ermm: mwwwwuuhahhhhaaaaaaa

Back
Top Bottom